Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2018d

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

2018d

When making 2-sided (using duplex) copies the second side is light. If i make a copy and then when use bypass to make a copy at the back side , image is also light . I believe it has something to do with ground . I suppose when coping the first side static electricity remains on paper so when copier prints on the other side this electricity doesn't allow toner to get on paper. If i make an one sided copy and after some time print on the other side copy is ok. This problem appeared after i made some work on the back side of the copier but i have double checked everything , i compared with others copier and looks ok. I replaced spong roller , checked grounds , with no result.I haven't use this machine for some time but now i want to sell it. Any idea?

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: 2018d

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    When making 2-sided (using duplex) copies the second side is light. If i make a copy and then when use bypass to make a copy at the back side , image is also light . I believe it has something to do with ground . I suppose when coping the first side static electricity remains on paper so when copier prints on the other side this electricity doesn't allow toner to get on paper. If i make an one sided copy and after some time print on the other side copy is ok. This problem appeared after i made some work on the back side of the copier but i have double checked everything , i compared with others copier and looks ok. I replaced spong roller , checked grounds , with no result.I haven't use this machine for some time but now i want to sell it. Any idea?
    Re static build up in the paper :
    Run 10 or so blank pages through the machine.
    Place the output blank copies back into the paper tray, and then a normal copy using the previously run paper.
    What happens ?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Re static build up in the paper :
    Run 10 or so blank pages through the machine.
    Place the output blank copies back into the paper tray, and then a normal copy using the previously run paper.
    What happens ?
    I made 10 blank copies and then i put the previous paper in cassete in that way that the print to be at the same side of paper as privious.
    Copy is ok.
    I repeat the procedure but now the print side is the other (the one that isn't printed) and the image is light.
    Also i made 2 copies and in order to remove electricity from paper i touched these 2 sheets of paper on the wall and i made copy with these two shees of paper. Print side is the same as previous that image is light . Now is ok!
    Also i made 4 copies and left the paper sheets for about 5 minutes rest , then i make copies using them and now image is ok!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    What are the settings in sp mode for the second side copies (i.e. transfer charge values, etc) - how do they compare to the birth certificate settings?
    Press the GREEN button!!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

What your are saying definitely seems odd... Something doesn't add up. Are you using non-destructible (polymer) paper ?

Doing a manual two sided copy should alleviate any SP mode charge settings for second side copy.

Stop a copy half way through an see if the image is being transferred off the drum ? Is there a full toner image still sitting on the drum ? If you have a full image on the drum you have no transfer charge or ground.

What is the static like around the copier ?
    I had a customer with a large copier in a small room.
    The two wheelie rubbish bins in the room where electrically charged. They sat side-by-side the copier. I had to be careful where I placed electrical boards ect.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••