Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MPC3003 White lines

HI,

Got this weird problem on an MPC3003
    Machine only with 25K on the K-counter.
    Changed 2 times the Developer unit because of white lines!
    Seems like the toner is clotting, but there is no explanation for it.
    Original toner, temperative is not to high. Envoironment for the machine is good.
    Customer called again for the white lines . . . . third time in a row now.

Anyone a clue here?

Thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: MPC3003 White lines

Hi there!
    As i wrote before, this is mostly not a toner problem, but dirty (inside ) dev-units. On the first METIS we delievered, we had white lines in the cyan-units. Opened the units very carefully (the little tabs crack very often) take a strainer and look what plastic-pieces you find.
    Greetings...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPC3003 White lines

When you replaced the K dv unit did you notice if the developer had depleted? Or was it simply contanination? If it was just contamination you still have some lumpy toner etc in the hopper so fitting a new dv unit will only be a temporary fix.
    You can run paper under the dv blade to remove the lines without the need to replace the dv unit.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    When you replaced the K dv unit did you notice if the developer had depleted? Or was it simply contanination? If it was just contamination you still have some lumpy toner etc in the hopper so fitting a new dv unit will only be a temporary fix.
    You can run paper under the dv blade to remove the lines without the need to replace the dv unit.
    I've had a bunch of problems with these dev units. As stated above you can run paper underneath the doc pl blade to remove debris although this only works for me 20% of the time I end up ordering dev units to fix this issue. I also work on toshibas and the 4555c has a mag roller made from the same aluminum looking material and those dev units give me the same trouble. I have reason to believe it's something to do with the material of the mag rollers FL giving us a lot of issues. I wonder why they can't make them like the mag rollers in the mp5002. Nice and heavy metal

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

We've been told at my dealer that the toner can, in fact, contribute to this issue and that we should make sure the clients aren't storing their toner bottles vertically. Apparently this can cause toner to clot inside the bottle, which then gets transferred to the developer unit.

Make of that info what you will. I have replaced quite a few dev units for this problem, but more recently I have also solved it by cleaning the doctor blade in the dev unit AND installing fresh toner.