Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    McKenning

Re: Scan to SMB Only Working with SMB 1 Enabled

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    It is a valid point.

Hopefully Ricoh will add support for v2 and v3 at some point via firmware.
    I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I wanted to comment on this and other things said in this thread.

First, Ricoh is far from the only MFP manufacturer with SMB issues. Xerox and HP both have publicly stated that existing MFPs and some copiers will not support SMB v2/3. See here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05547920 and here: Xerox Machines and SMBv2/V3 Scanning Support - Customer Support Forum

Second, there was a comment earlier that stated something like "Microsoft forced MFP manufacturers to use SMB v2/3". This is patently false. Reading the two links above should clear that up. If you are still curious, think about the relationship between MS and hardware copier/printer vendors. They have very little connecting them. Now, Microsoft could have and did in fact deprecate SMB v1, but that doesn't stop anyone from using it.

Sorry for the mini-rant. Just trying to make sure everyone is on the same page.

McKenning

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    It is a valid point.

Hopefully Ricoh will add support for v2 and v3 at some point via firmware.
    I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I wanted to comment on this and other things said in this thread.

First, Ricoh is far from the only MFP manufacturer with SMB issues. Xerox and HP both have publicly stated that existing MFPs and some copiers will not support SMB v2/3. See here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05547920 and here: Xerox Machines and SMBv2/V3 Scanning Support - Customer Support Forum

Second, there was a comment earlier that stated something like "Microsoft forced MFP manufacturers to use SMB v2/3". This is patently false. Reading the two links above should clear that up. If you are still curious, think about the relationship between MS and hardware copier/printer vendors. They have very little connecting them. Now, Microsoft could have and did in fact deprecate SMB v1, but that doesn't stop anyone from using it.

Sorry for the mini-rant. Just trying to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Hello guys, good night, how are you? Regarding ricoh MP 501, I saw on the Ricoh official website about the firmware update to be able to run on SMB v3, Effects of disabling SMBv1: Multifunction Printers and Laser Printers | Products & Services | Global | Ricoh, has anyone done this procedure and knows if works well? I know the post is old, but it costs nothing to try.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scan to SMB Only Working with SMB 1 Enabled

Quote Originally Posted by rincat View Post
    Hello guys, good night, how are you? Regarding ricoh MP 501, I saw on the Ricoh official website about the firmware update to be able to run on SMB v3, Effects of disabling SMBv1: Multifunction Printers and Laser Printers | Products & Services | Global | Ricoh, has anyone done this procedure and knows if works well? I know the post is old, but it costs nothing to try.
    This thread is from 3 years ago, dead and buried. That makes you a grave digger. We don't like grave diggers. Start a new thread only be sure to obey the rules. General Rule 5. "Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed." Firmware is the intellectual property of Ricoh.