Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

MP 501 Clicking Noises

Have a customer that states their 501 has intermittent clicking noises from around the paper exit (where they point anyway) that can't be replicated. Anyone having issues with 501 noises?

Thanks!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MP 501 Clicking Noises

Has to be the fusing unit, bearings possibly?

I have had to replace fusers on these devices well before their dud date and what a absolute bitch of a job it is as well

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP 501 Clicking Noises

do they see dead people also?

kidding .. you sounds like a fuser.. unless there is something wrapped on the exit roller shafts.. slapping

Quote Originally Posted by Imprestik View Post

I have had to replace fusers on these devices well before their dud date and what a absolute bitch of a job it is as well
    Wait til you have to change the laser array

Technician

You weren't kidding......WTF is the trick to getting the fuser back in place? Removal was super easy and straightforward. I guarantee I was there for at least an hour after that looking like an idiot trying to get the new unit back in. The damn thing would always hit against something where the tabs wouldn't sit flush. Any tips for future replacement?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by david0161 View Post
    You weren't kidding......WTF is the trick to getting the fuser back in place? Removal was super easy and straightforward. I guarantee I was there for at least an hour after that looking like an idiot trying to get the new unit back in. The damn thing would always hit against something where the tabs wouldn't sit flush. Any tips for future replacement?
    LOL David the procedure is as follows

Once you remove the fuser, you then have to put all the covers back on and close it up.

Turn it on until it gives you a fuser error

Turn the device off, you will then notice the metal cams for the pressure roller rotate 180 degrees which then makes room for the fuser to sit in with no issue at all.

It caught me out big time on the first replacement, damn these machines are going to be a pain in the ass

Stupid rebadged Kyoceras

Technician

Once you remove the fuser, you then have to put all the covers back on and close it up.

Turn the device off, you will then notice the metal cams for the pressure roller rotate 180 degrees which then makes room for the fuser to sit in with no issue at all.

It caught me out big time on the first replacement, damn these machines are going to be a pain in the ass

Stupid rebadged Kyoceras
    Thanks! Great info to know!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Stupid rebadged Kyoceras
    Imprestik I could not believe the procedure until I went and checked the manual - and then the TSB that explains what you advised!

Ricoh is really working backwards!
    Press the GREEN button!!

Technician

Stupid rebadged Kyoceras
    Kyocera line, on older kyocera you have to switch levers to envelope to install the fuser. Till the pressure is driven, that is the way to follow.

BTW i think this machine can have issues like all, but charge roller it's really easy to clean/change. When there are missfeed issues, just change pickup and feed, clean will not last too much.

If there are white lines on developer or have grey background because mixed original toner and compatible, i think you can vacuum the developer unit, reinstall it and do a developer initialitation, cause toner and developer must be in toner cartridge (bicomponent).

All this must sound strange to a NRG tech, and not to a multibrand that had worked Kyocera before.

Very different to a 161 or 5200, but not worse or better.

Sry about my english.

Enviado desde mi LG-K350 mediante Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 501 Clicking Noises

Quote Originally Posted by david0161 View Post
    Cross your eyes, stick your tongue out and fart real loud. Actually just make sure both ends are all the way in before your start either of the screws. If I remember correctly, there is a raised plastic ring around the screw holes on the main frame. There are recesses on the fusing unit that have to fit those exactly otherwise they will hold one end or the other out about 1/16 inch.