Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Word format (.doc) not printing in fiery (pro c7110s)

Guys, i have problem in printing .doc format in fiery. When I import the Word document, it is immediately converted to pdf and it is not printed. Any ideas?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Word format (.doc) not printing in fiery (pro c7110s)

From what I understand Fiery has never been able to print .doc files

All files must be pdf

I presume your using command workstation to drag and drop the .doc file or printing to the hold queue

If so must definitely wont work

Quote Originally Posted by Imprestik View Post
    From what I understand Fiery has never been able to print .doc files

All files must be pdf

I presume your using command workstation to drag and drop the .doc file or printing to the hold queue

If so must definitely wont work
    Even PDF file with mixed sizes gives an error. For example, there is a A3 and A4 document size combined in one PDF file. When you print it using command workstation, the alarm light becomes red. It seems like there is a paper mismatch. The machine is using normal A4 and A3 paper.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Don't use command workstation to print.

Use the print driver with the tcp/ip port set to LPR and the queue as PRINT all in caps.
    Let the computer do the translating to the machine.

Command workstation is there to administer the controller not use as a substitute print driver.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    Don't use command workstation to print.

Use the print driver with the tcp/ip port set to LPR and the queue as PRINT all in caps.
    Let the computer do the translating to the machine.

Command workstation is there to administer the controller not use as a substitute print driver.
    I was able to print .doc file by using command workstation. Then the user complained about mixed size printing. I tried and checked mixed size printing but it did not print. Again I tried printing .doc file and it didn't print. According to user, he was able to print mixed size printing and .doc file printing with no problem before. So he was telling me the procedure he was doing before. That is why he was asking why he was unable to print now.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    According to user, he was able to print mixed size printing and .doc file printing with no problem before. So he was telling me the procedure he was doing before. That is why he was asking why he was unable to print now.
    Usually indicates that something was updated. Probably something Microsoft. Check the update history to see if there was something just before it quit working. It is often common that a Microsoft update to correct one major problem can introduce other minor problems. Example is the current problem with scan to SMB.

I am just wondering why only PDF and TIFF are printed using command workstation. If am the user and I have multiple files of word format, do I have to convert it to PDF just to print it.I think it is impractical! What is the use of Fiery if I cannot print JPEG and WORD FORMAT files...

I am just wondering why only PDF and TIFF are printed using command workstation. If am the user and I have multiple files of word format, do I have to convert it to PDF just to print it.I think it is impractical! What is the use of Fiery if I cannot print JPEG and WORD FORMAT files...
    In addition to this, the machine is just connected thru switch with IP address 169.254.45.xx...All computers are connected to the switch. Is printing problem on WORD and JPEG a network issue with regards to IP addressing?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

In addition to this, the machine is just connected thru switch with IP address 169.254.45.xx...All computers are connected to the switch. Is printing problem on WORD and JPEG a network issue with regards to IP addressing?
    Sounds to me like you do not have DHCP on your network. A 169.254.xx.xx is an address generated internally by the computer when there is no DHCP and IP address are not manually assigned. I would suggest that you manually set IP addresses for everything in the 192.168.y.xxx range. y should be the same for all devices on the network, xxx should be unique for each device. You shoud keep a record, spread sheet, for all addresses assigned.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Sounds to me like you do not have DHCP on your network. A 169.254.xx.xx is an address generated internally by the computer when there is no DHCP and IP address are not manually assigned. I would suggest that you manually set IP addresses for everything in the 192.168.y.xxx range. y should be the same for all devices on the network, xxx should be unique for each device. You shoud keep a record, spread sheet, for all addresses assigned.
    Each device has unique IP address. The Fiery server has an IP address of 169.254.45.10. Other computers has different IP address..Before the machine was connected standalone in one computer. machine connected to fiery server, computer connected directly to fiery...It works with 169.254.45 range of IP address..