Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ricoh MP C4500

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MP C4500

I have two Ricoh MP C4500 and both of them are giving me network problem. They have been set up with IP address and both of them show on my computer and they also ping. But when I print a test page both of them do not print. I get the error "the printer is off' whereas everything is set normal. Please need help. thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C4500

Did you have right driver?Did you configured a TCP/IP port

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C4500

Are you pinging the C4500s from your computer or your computer from the C4500s? Try turning off the C4500s and while they are off, try pinging them. If you can, there is something else using the IP address. Another thought, you are not using the same IP address for both are you?

Now to the driver. If you are using the Microsoft Ricoh class driver, that is most likely the problem. I have seen 1 page jobs take 30 minutes or more to queue with the Ricoh Class driver. If you are using the correct Ricoh C4500 driver, check the settings for SNMP. What ever it is, change it.

If you type in the IP address of the printer(s) in question Chrome/IE - it should take you to the WIM (Web Image monitor) web page. Also, try using the universal driver, available here: Universal Print Driver Downloads | Ricoh Global

if you can get on to the WIM - you know you're pointing to the right address. As previously stated, you can rule out the possibility that another device is using this IP address by running a command prompt on your computer, type the following:

ping -t 192.168.1.100 (substitute with your printers IP address), then unplug the ethernet cable, and the ping tests should fail. When you send the print job, you can watch the progress of it on the WIM go to Status --> information Current/waiting print jobs.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Chris Ricoh Business Centre (AU)