Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Experts - HELP!  MP C3502, SC554-00

Ricoh Experts - HELP! MP C3502, SC554-00

Don't know ricoh that well but hate to turn away new customers that I may be able to upgrade to Konica Minolta, which I mostly deal in.

Went to check it out and customer's complaint was a smudge & wrinkling. Since this was a free estimate I didn't want to take too much apart. 200k clicks.

All I did was slide fuser to the right like the end user would to remove a jam (machine was on). Inspected rollers and they look good. Slid fuser back in closed side door and machine threw SC 554-00. Reseated fuser unit several times and tried resetting with SP 5-810, after executing turned mach off and back on and still same code. Am I doing something wrong when trying to reset this code?

I found some stuff on this forum and on the web about needing to replace the fuser, Eprom, & BICU pwb to clear this code. Is it true you need to replace all this for a bad fuser? Fuser alone cost over $1000 !!!

Sucks that machine was working and when I left machine was not working. Add this to my list of why I hate Ricoh!

Any help appreciated

Thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Experts - HELP! MP C3502, SC554-00

probably needs new fusing sleeve and use the fuse that comes in the box and reset codes.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

SC 554 is a fusing overheat error. Turn the main switch off and on. Reset the SC (set SP5-810-1). Turn the main switch off, open the front door and turn the machine back on. Enter SP mode with the door open and go to SP 1106, display fusing temperatures. With the door open and the machine having been off long enough the readings should be about 27C. If one is above 220C then that is your problem. If not close the door while observing the temperature readings.

Thanks for the replies LNorris & slim. Maybe some others could confirm? The more I read about this it looks like what LNorris posted about being able to replace the fixing film assembly and fuse. Considering the machine only has 190k and fusers are suppose to last 300k hopefully I can get by with film & fuse?

worker drone 250+ Posts

Fixing film assembly should take care of it. It has lamps included in the assy. The fuse is to trigger a "new unit installed" reset. Clean the thermistors while the fuser is apart and life should be good again. 300k really? Not seeing anywhere close to those numbers on the D143 D144 machines. Pollyanna must have written those specs.

Actually, being an overheat code, clean the thermistors and try resetting again. worth the try.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Fusing sleeve does come with new lamps installed which would be the thing to replace if you had an under heating problem or marks on copies and prints from a crease on the film. Your error is an over heat error. New fusing sleeve does not come with new thermistors.

Thanks slim , thermistors are cheap enough I'll order both with the fixing film assy

elite2travel

Pico fuse problem be solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk