How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

E32 error reset on a printer

Is there an equivalent reset to the C/M 143 C/S x3 used on MFPs for printers? We have an E-32 showing on an SP4310DN (a MICR version from Rosetta) that just won't clear / restart the firmware update and we are hoping to retry the FW update before having to order parts.

Thanks

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: E32 error reset on a printer

Put DIP switch 1 on the controller in the OFF position. Switch the machine on with the firmware SD card in slot 2. It should recover from there. Put the DIP switch back to the ON position when you've finished.

32 - Different SD card between download interruption and download resumption
     Setting the SD card was interrupted. Cycle the machine off/on.
     If the update cannot be made even if you insert the correct SD card, there is a possibility that the SD card is broken. Retry again with a different SD card.
     If you cannot resolve the problem with the above steps, replace the controller board.
     If the program is in the SD card, reinsert the SD card.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Thanks for that TonerMunkeh, we will be returning to the client once our replacement NVRAM arrives (just in case we have no other choice). Will post results from there.

OK, so the issue is resolved but I can't say wit absolute certainty what did the deed. I used the DIP switch and firmware card but got no discernible response from the machine - that is no display / indicators at all. Following that I tried using the keypad (I did not realize until there that this unit has a 10-key pad on it) to perform the C/M 143 C/S x3 sequence, subbing 'Job Reset' For C/M and 'Clear' for C/S. The unit beeped and following a restart was alive. The official response I got for an issue on a printer was to change the NVRAM, but in this case that was not required.