Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ricoh Mpc2550 will not "auto obtain ip address"

Will not auto obtain ip or will it ping one that I manually entered. I was told by my lead tech that it has the ip address parameter changed and I could change it back using the web image monitor. Problem is I can't access the web monitor with out an ip address in the range.
    I changed the nvrams and it worked but- the problem is, I can't transfer the data to the new nv ram using an sd card because the problem exist in the data... Help any body have a solution or should I start printing a smc report and start manually inputting the factory data?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Mpc2550 will not "auto obtain ip address"

Quote Originally Posted by jmart77 View Post
    Will not auto obtain ip or will it ping one that I manually entered. I was told by my lead tech that it has the ip address parameter changed and I could change it back using the web image monitor. Problem is I can't access the web monitor with out an ip address in the range.
    I changed the nvrams and it worked but- the problem is, I can't transfer the data to the new nv ram using an sd card because the problem exist in the data... Help any body have a solution or should I start printing a smc report and start manually inputting the factory data?
    go to the customers workstation... put up the printer properties .. look under "PORTS" tab and get the old IP addy... try doing a 'static' address with that IP addy.
    make sure the IT dept hasn't changed router/Server IP config also.

are you sure the DHCP is turned on?

when you are pinging are you using a laptop with a crossover cable? or using the customers workstation?

try using your laptop to assure no network issues.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts gkalman2004's Avatar

Print the network configuration from the machine from tolls-> system settings -> interface setting -> print list
    Take a laptop and a cable and conect with a laptop directly after you change the ip also on the laptop.
    No need crossover cable you can use standard rj45 cable

This is my machine for resale, I can't access the old Ip address due to the previous owner is from a different state and it wont auto-obtain because they set the ip address parameter for them, as far as how it is set up- through a centurylink modem that has worked fine for all other machines I have serviced.
    When I put a nvram from another machine it works fine, but I have problems with copy q and can't transfer data via sd card because the problem with the ip parameter settings goes with the data transfer.
    My options are to change the nvram and manually change the copier quality data or reset the ip parameter- but that is on the web image monitor and I can't access it due to it blocks my ip address because it is not in its parameter!

printed a config page and the dhcp is off- how do you turn it on?

Quote Originally Posted by jmart77 View Post
    printed a config page and the dhcp is off- how do you turn it on?
    Put in different nvram and manually programmed- ALL good Thanks for the help.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Cool Re: Ricoh Mpc2550 will not "auto obtain ip address"

Ran into this one time when a customer moved their copier from one location to a newly wired building. When trying to get them set up for scanning/printing, the copier would not grab an IP addy with auto-obtain. So then I tried to specify the address, i could get everything set in static, but still could not ping or access over WIM. After hours (5 to be exact) of trying different IP's, restarting server, changing cables, working with customer's I.T. guys, etc....machine still would not communicate. By this time it's the end of the day, and I'm frustrated as all hell. I return the next morning, and against customer's wishes, call MY I.T. guru. He tells me to "Restore IEEE 802.1x Authentication to Defaults" - User Tools --> System Settings --> Interface Settings --> down to page 2 --> "Restore IEEE 802.1x Authentication to Defaults". It took all of 15 seconds to do, turned DHCP back on, and I'll be damned if didn't grab an IP right away. All the hours of shooting in the dark and it came down to ONE Button in user tools. Hope this helps someone in the future!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Ran into this one time when a customer moved their copier from one location to a newly wired building. When trying to get them set up for scanning/printing, the copier would not grab an IP addy with auto-obtain. So then I tried to specify the address, i could get everything set in static, but still could not ping or access over WIM. After hours (5 to be exact) of trying different IP's, restarting server, changing cables, working with customer's I.T. guys, etc....machine still would not communicate. By this time it's the end of the day, and I'm frustrated as all hell. I return the next morning, and against customer's wishes, call MY I.T. guru. He tells me to "Restore IEEE 802.1x Authentication to Defaults" - User Tools --> System Settings --> Interface Settings --> down to page 2 --> "Restore IEEE 802.1x Authentication to Defaults". It took all of 15 seconds to do, turned DHCP back on, and I'll be damned if didn't grab an IP right away. All the hours of shooting in the dark and it came down to ONE Button in user tools. Hope this helps someone in the future!!
    Someone must have changed one of the settings for the wireless interface. They can be changed even if there is no wireless interface installed. Once changed, the wired network port is turned. One of the things I check if my laptop can get DHCP but the MFP can't.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Exactly what I was going to suggest. I have run into this several times because someone in IT starts playing around with the settings but conveniently neglect to mention it while you're chasing your tail trying to solve the issue. I'm betting that is the answer here.

IT SURELY DID! I too spent several hours working on this issue, until I found this post. THANKS A MILLION!