Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech
    MP4000 scan to folder

Re: MP4000 scan to folder

Does the machine have the java or browser options fitted? Any reports of errors when trying to print webpages?

There's updates for these options and they're usually overlooked, especially the java update.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Whenever I update firmware I update everything.. but the firmware does not appear to be the issue.. Everything was working fine until a new piece of software was installed... then scan to folder stopped and being able to access the machine in a browser also stopped... at which point a firmware update was done... but changed nothing...

Also now, as posted earlier, it seems accessing the machine from the browser works.. but loading the home page takes 5 - 6 minutes, as does then opening any other page on the machine... I am guessing scanning would also work but times out after creating the file.. leaving it at 0kb.

The machine works with a laptop connected via an RJ45 and another machine works fine on the same network...

I am at a loss... was only by accident I saw the copier web page come up as I left it while I was installing another machine as a test....

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP4000 scan to folder

Quote Originally Posted by Staggan View Post
    Whenever I update firmware I update everything.. but the firmware does not appear to be the issue.. Everything was working fine until a new piece of software was installed... then scan to folder stopped and being able to access the machine in a browser also stopped.
    The new software didn't happen to be some type of high security VPN such as Cisco? Years ago I had an oilfield pump service company who used Cisco VPN on one of their computers to send billing invoices to one of their major customers. Once they launched the VPN, scan to folder on that computer only was blocked until the computer was rebooted by changes made to the firewall by one of the services launched with the VPN.

Whenever I update firmware I update everything.. but the firmware does not appear to be the issue.. Everything was working fine until a new piece of software was installed... then scan to folder stopped and being able to access the machine in a browser also stopped... at which point a firmware update was done... but changed nothing...

Also now, as posted earlier, it seems accessing the machine from the browser works.. but loading the home page takes 5 - 6 minutes, as does then opening any other page on the machine... I am guessing scanning would also work but times out after creating the file.. leaving it at 0kb.

The machine works with a laptop connected via an RJ45 and another machine works fine on the same network...

I am at a loss... was only by accident I saw the copier web page come up as I left it while I was installing another machine as a test....

Hi Staggan, I may have missed a step in the thread here, you said "Everything was working fine until a new piece of software was installed" - are you talking about an embedded piece of software on the MFD like ESA Transformer or similar - or are you referring to a new piece of software on the PC with the scan to folder share? If it's the former, can you disable it from the WIM - Extended features startup, if it's the latter - have you tried jumping into Windows firewall and turning everything off start --> run "wf.msc" turn off all firewall options and test.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi..

Sorry, a new piece of software installed on a single machine on the network.. which MAY be a red herring...

I checked with the IT department and no updates have been made to policies, firewalls, AV software, windows or anything else.. but a 3rd party installed this other software... Since it is on a single machine, and not the share machine, I simply closed it down... but it still made no difference..

The thing getting me now is the new machine is working, scanning to the same folder without issue...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP4000 scan to folder

This new machine, was it another MP4000?

occasionally when this issue arises we install another PC on the customers network purely for SMB, can pick one up for peanuts quicker & an instant fix!
    Last edited by copier tech; 06-26-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech
    MP4000 scan to folder

Hi..

Sorry, a new piece of software installed on a single machine on the network.. which MAY be a red herring...

I checked with the IT department and no updates have been made to policies, firewalls, AV software, windows or anything else.. but a 3rd party installed this other software... Since it is on a single machine, and not the share machine, I simply closed it down... but it still made no difference..

The thing getting me now is the new machine is working, scanning to the same folder without issue...
    There's always the chance that your question made someone in IT think.. oh yeah, forgot about that, I'll keep that one to myself.

Wouldn't be the first time!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Ottawatech's Avatar

I encountered the same thing, turned out there was another device on the network with the same IP address.

Unplug the copier and see if you can still ping it's IP, if so there's your issue.

HTH,

Tim
    Nothing works quite so well that I can't totally disable it by trying to make it a little better.

ESTANISLAOWENENTON

Something similar happened to me and it was the acrobart reader, so it was reinstalled and nowAlso happened to me in another opportunity and it was the hard diskwhy ? I do not know, but I changed it and it worked very well

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawatech View Post
    I encountered the same thing, turned out there was another device on the network with the same IP address.

Unplug the copier and see if you can still ping it's IP, if so there's your issue.

HTH,

Tim
    I did something similar . I install a new version MFD in a customers offices. I unplugged the old trade in machine wheeled it outside.I plugged in the new machine as normal, and then everything goes to crud trying to find the new machine on the network.

Drove me wacko for about two hours learning the (totally unknown) WIM interface of the conflicting IP machine. Not to be out done, it finally twigged on me that Ricoh wouldn't totally change the entire WIM interface that way. So I unplugged the new install machine, pinged the network and "Walla" I could still interface with our unplugged new install machine.'

Turns out there was another foreign copier on the network with the same IP.

Doh!...

The Boss ask why it took me two hours to install an 1 hour job. I said Ricoh change the entire WIM interface on their latest machines. I finally told him about the conflicting IP on the other machine. He just laughed.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••