slowwww printing on large files

I have a customer that has an MPc3502, they are printing from MACs. The machine is connected directly to a router, the computers are connected to the router wireless. When they print large line drawing files it takes a very long time to print. They want to upgrade the machine. My question is, will a newer version copier help in this situation? I am thinking that a faster processor may help. Would adding any additional memory help? It seems to me that the HDD should be plenty big enough with the stock memory. What about using Adobe PDF option?
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: slowwww printing on large files

Wireless communication is typically slower than wired connections.
    Since they're Macs can we assume that it's Postscript print emulation?

So far you would get the most speed benefit from wired connections and PCL print driver emulation, neither of which I expect your enduser will go for. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Plug in one of the Macs to the router and compare the difference. I bet it's big.
    I seriously doubt an upgrade would make much of a difference, that machine isn't so old.
    I've just started realizing what a huge difference hard-wired vs. wireless really makes on my own network.
    I just upgraded my internet service and when testing on Speedtest.net wirelessly I get download speeds of about 300 Mbps (which isn't too shabby at all), but when hard-wired I hit nearly 800 MBps

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Plug in one of the Macs to the router and compare the difference. I bet it's big.
    I seriously doubt an upgrade would make much of a difference, that machine isn't so old.
    I've just started realizing what a huge difference hard-wired vs. wireless really makes on my own network.
    I just upgraded my internet service and when testing on Speedtest.net wirelessly I get download speeds of about 300 Mbps (which isn't too shabby at all), but when hard-wired I hit nearly 800 MBps
    Yes the NBN (National Broad Band in Oz) sales terminology gets confusing for mum's an dads buying phone services. The facts are misleading when the sales rep talks about download speeds in Mega-bits(Mb) or Mega-Bytes (MB)...

300 Mbits over Wi-Fi is better than our ~50Mbits here in Oz, but we are seeing 4 frequency/channel higher speed Wi-Fi modems coming out just recent in the last 6 months.

Yes physical cable is faster (generally more secure) than radio wave Wi-Fi...
    Band width is the limiting speed factor with radio wave signal propagation.
    Ie. how much modulation data you can pack into a wave length/frequency range.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••