Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Bluetooth printing with an MPC2004 and Smart Operation Panel......unable to connect

Hello

I have a customer that need to print via bluetooth on his new MPC2004 (Wifi, Wifi Direct, network works fine), the idea is to let the clients print on the machine without giving any wifi password or access to the local network (Machine is in a Copyshop)
    But the problem is that nobody is able to connect via bluetooth, i tried with an Samsung S7Edge and Smart Device connector installed on it, Bluetooth in the MPC is turned on, connector App is installed and set to "allow guest connections" and "Allow Bluetooth connections".
    But if i try to connect via Bluetooth , sometimes the Smartphone recognizes the machine, but often not......if the Smartphone finds the machine i can not print because an connection error appears (no machine found or similar). First i thought that it was a low range problem of the Bluetooth module of the MPC, but the machine finds a MacBook that is about 10 meters away.....but my phone (and many other phones, samsung..Iphones) are not able to find the machine.....exception made for some cases where the machine appears for a few seconds in the Ricoh connector app on the phone.
    In wifi everything works.......need some help...any ideas ????

By the way the Android app crashes if i want to write the NFC Tag....so NFC Printing at the moment didn't work
    Memento Audere Semper

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Bluetooth printing with an MPC2004 and Smart Operation Panel......unable to connect

Re: Bluetooth printing with an MPC2004 and Smart Operation Panel......unable to conne

I have found that with my Galaxy S4, blue tooth and NFC only work if it is in direct contact with the SOP and that it does not have any type of cover or case installed.

Re: Bluetooth printing with an MPC2004 and Smart Operation Panel......unable to conne

had same problem with Iphone and S7 Edge....I'm wondering if it's possible to print only with Bluetooth, without wifi turned on
    Memento Audere Semper

Technician

Also having similar problems, anyone know why allow usage by guest is greyed out on my connector app on mpc306, am logged in as administrator and cant tick the box, sure it's half my problem.

thanks

Technician

I had a simply information become from ricoh to install the mobile printing:

1. FWU Update
    2. Certificate installation over admin tools
    3. Wifi direct activate
    important
    activate group owner mode
    activate port forwarding
    4. bluetooth
    deactivate bluetooth authentication plugin CIS Plugin Bluetooth Plugin Activate for guest orint over bluetooth
    5. Smart Device Connector, APP for Connector APP for Display install
    6. Setting in Smart Device App
    Guest activate
    Auto disconnect activate 5 min or so (you only have 3 slots for connection! the system didnīt delete these connections!)
    Bluetooth allow 8080 port
    ssl active oder deactive not importnant

Thank you!... So the wifi direct have to be on... My problem. Is that my customer connects to the router with wifi... (wifi direct and wifi can't be up at the same time)....

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Thank you!... So the wifi direct have to be on... My problem. Is that my customer connects to the router with wifi... (wifi direct and wifi can't be up at the same time)....

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    My ricoh Support guy told me that all printjobs where print over wifi Direct. The other option Bluetooth and nfc are only authentification and Connection Tools.
    The Info is from a Training in April 2017.
    He also said,that Android didn't Support Bluetooth often and should only use by apple device.