Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

creating address book from customers csv file

Has anyone come up with a procedure on this? I understand Smart Device Monitor had an Import function, but the new Device Manager NX (free version) does not seem to have this. Copy and pasting columns in excel seems to create more time correcting errors than just keying in the info by hand in address book management. In this day and age there has got to be a better way....

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    creating address book from customers csv file

Re: creating address book from customers csv file

I believe that there is a software utility for converting the file format to that used by WIM. If you are an authorized tech contact Ricoh technical support. If not, contact customer support. Tell them exactly what it is that you want to do. They helped me once a number of years ago when a customer wanted to export the address book and import it to LAN Fax on am MP C3003. Had to convert WIM backup to .cvs.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Re: creating address book from customers csv file

Smart Device Monitor for Admin is still available and less cumbersome than Device Manager NX Lite. You can export a device address book as CSV, edit it and then import it. This can be done with either tool but SDMA is easier to use.

There is no other mass import tool that I am aware of. Though one an address book exists in one machine you can often restore to to other units via WIM.