Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jeffike

Ricoh MPC3000 locking up

I have an odd issue I have been dealing with for the past few days on an MPC3000. I initially went to the customer because the machine would stick on the please wait screen during bootup. I figured it was a controller board issue so to test it I took a board from another identical machine on the premesis and tried it. The machine turned on an operated fine with that other board in it. I then proceeded to order the controller and ram for the down machine. I installed these parts yesterday and the machine fired right on, however it only lasted about 30 minutes and then the HDD went out and it started having the same issue. I have now ordered a new HDD and NVRAM for the machine, but I am open to any suggestions anyone may have on what could be causing this. This machine is only about 8 months old and has no legitimate reason to be having this kind of trouble.

Thanks,
    Jeff

We experianced the same problem on these machines,to fix this problem insure that you have the following firmware loaded. system copy 1.69 Engin 1.131.01

hope this helps

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    I've had a lot of issues resolved with firmware updating in the past. If I think it may be a bad board the first thing I recommend to my techs is to update the firmware and format the HDD.

jeffike

Update

It was a bad hard disk that was causing the issue. I updated the firmware but was getting the same results afterwards so I replace the HDD and it started right up. Didn't know these machines were so HDD dependent. One of the first things I tried to do was boot it without the HDD plugged in and it still wouldn't turn on. Apparently they use the disk for more than I originally thought.

Gr8
    good to know thanks.

deadman

right door

Check the rt door switch also print out the smc and see if there is alot of jams at start up. If so it is probly the switch or the acuator which you can adjust.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Most Ricoh MFP's these days are horribly dependant on their HDD's.

Usually they either lock up or just sit at "Please Wait". They may also lose options such as duplex and sort due to a HDD failure.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.