Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

This was an interesting issue

Thought I would pass this along but please remember this has not been resolved as of yet. MP C3504 with a SR3130 internal finisher installed with less than 400 copies on it. When running copies the customer experiences a jam in location J113. Upon clearing the jam and trying to finish the copy run you get SC724-38. I had difficulty deciphering the literary confusion in Ricohs documentation but with a little help discovered that the bailing motor was not always cycling with regularity. At first I thought maybe the bailing fingers were binding or hanging up but quickly dismissed it. In all likelihood its either a bad stepper motor or maybe a harness problem. Curious if anyone has seen this or may have further speculation on the issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: This was an interesting issue

I'm seeing posts about this finisher and different SC\jams codes. The stapler harness D6905403 on some units seems to be stiffer than the replacement part.

Good luck

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Anytime you get a jam in a finisher followed immediately by a Service Code, the SC is the what you need to trouble shoot. So SC 724-038 is a paper press motor error.

From the service manual(you do have and know how to use the service manual, right?)
    When the paper press HP sensor is ON and the paper press motor is driven for specified time (msec.), the HP sensor does not switch OFF (1st time is jam notification, 2nd time is SC notification).

When the paper press HP sensor is OFF and the paper press motor is driven for specified time (msec.), the HP sensor does not switch ON (1st time is jam notification, 2nd time is SC notification).

Technician

I do have the manual and have been using them since late 1979. Then manual for the finisher itself uses different terminology when describing components. visual observation is the motor is hesitating or not rotating completely. It does not happen everytime but at least once every 4 copies. When in SP mode you can test run this motor and it will fail during test runs. I'm inclined to think the motor, or maybe the harness has an issue. I have both on order and a set of sensors waiting. Just odd to see a failure like this with such few copies on the unit. Will report on the resolution when I get there on Wednesday.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Hello there.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm having the exact same symptoms on a mpc3003 with an sr3130. I can't identify the press motor because every motor on the finisher manual has a different name than that.

Did you ever find out what caused it?

Thanks.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdkoh View Post
    Then manual for the finisher itself uses different terminology when describing components.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I can't identify the press motor because every motor on the finisher manual has a different name than that.
    Thanks, Ricoh. WTF?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Thanks, Ricoh. WTF?
    I know, right?

So far I've resorted to lubricate every shaft on the finisher. The SMC shows 5 instances of that error, starting in April 2017, sometimes with several months of interval between them, but nevertheless I'd like to hear from someone else who had that problem.

Have a nice weekend!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

To my knowledge, the SR3130 ,internal finisher, does not have a press motor because does not do booklets.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Hello there.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm having the exact same symptoms on a mpc3003 with an sr3130. I can't identify the press motor because every motor on the finisher manual has a different name than that.

Did you ever find out what caused it?

Thanks.
    Yes the fix was replacing the harness I don't remember the part # but apparently there was a bad connection somewhere and it let the machine wig out with that error.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Thanks, Ricoh. WTF?
    It gets even better when you get to the parts manuals where motors, gears, clutches and many other parts are described based on their voltage, wattage, and tooth count BUT NOT WHAT THEY ACTUALLY DO. Thank you ricoh, may I have another.