Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    This was an interesting issue

Re: This was an interesting issue

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    It gets even better when you get to the parts manuals where motors, gears, clutches and many other parts are described based on their voltage, wattage, and tooth count BUT NOT WHAT THEY ACTUALLY DO. Thank you ricoh, may I have another.
    What they do can usually be found on the point-to-point pdf.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    This was an interesting issue

Ah Ricoh! The company that can call a part by one name in the service manual, another name in the parts manual and a third name in the training manual, and I wonder why my hair has disappeared!
    Also keep in mind that finishers are quite dumb and don't often express themselves clearly to the copier so the copier makes an educated guess about what the finisher is unhappy about but some times gets it wrong.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Technician

Last year ,I got the same finisher out of the box and it was acting funny . It worked only for 50 or 60 pages then it start giving me all kind of Error codes . We ended up replacing the Finisher Board under warranty . I think this one is not made by Ricoh , That`s why the manual is different .

Had the SC724-38 fault this week and fixed it.
    The manual dribbles on about a Press motor but it's not that.
    It turned out to be the two sensors for the paper exit arms.
    A previous tech had been trying to resolve the SC724-86 error and in resolving THAT he caused the SC724-38.
    He removed the sensors and when he replaced them he reversed the order they came out in :/
    See attachment for the sensor location.
    finisher fault.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Had the SC724-38 fault this week and fixed it.
    The manual dribbles on about a Press motor but it's not that.
    It turned out to be the two sensors for the paper exit arms.
    A previous tech had been trying to resolve the SC724-86 error and in resolving THAT he caused the SC724-38.
    He removed the sensors and when he replaced them he reversed the order they came out in :/
    See attachment for the sensor location.
    finisher fault.jpg
    also if one of those is dislodged by and end user one of the springs can get the wrong side of arm it's hard to spot at first, you get the sc724-38 code also.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mdkoh View Post
    Thought I would pass this along but please remember this has not been resolved as of yet. MP C3504 with a SR3130 internal finisher installed with less than 400 copies on it. When running copies the customer experiences a jam in location J113. Upon clearing the jam and trying to finish the copy run you get SC724-38. I had difficulty deciphering the literary confusion in Ricohs documentation but with a little help discovered that the bailing motor was not always cycling with regularity. At first I thought maybe the bailing fingers were binding or hanging up but quickly dismissed it. In all likelihood its either a bad stepper motor or maybe a harness problem. Curious if anyone has seen this or may have further speculation on the issue.

I had the same code even months ago, I had also opened a discussion here on the forum, it was the wiring of the stapler motor to be replaced, (D690-5403 harness: stapler motor), this is the code, this one ordered in Italy, I don't know if it is different for other markets, before taking it apart I suggest you take photos, because it is essential that the cable follows the right turn during the movement of the stapler unit.

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I had the same code even months ago, I had also opened a discussion here on the forum, it was the wiring of the stapler motor to be replaced, (D690-5403 harness: stapler motor), this is the code, this one ordered in Italy, I don't know if it is different for other markets, before taking it apart I suggest you take photos, because it is essential that the cable follows the right turn during the movement of the stapler unit.
    I also had asimilar problem on the MP C2003 with the SR3230 SC724-38 finisher.In my case, the axis of this part broke in two places5863123 LEVER: RELEASE: PAPER SENSER.Ithink it will be fine after the exchange.

Thankyou for the picture, I found out where to look for a bug.