Technician

Aficio 240w Low toner warning

Hey guys,

Old plotter. Never had issues but for the past week, there has been a low toner warning. After printing a couple of pages, it will say empty. Taking out the toner and it is still half full.

Taking out and putting back in and it will print again. But again, few pages and then it says empty.

The pages printing out are all dark in color.

I installed a new toner just for the hell of it and same issues occurs.

Is there a way for me to reset the "Low toner" message?

Thanks

Re: Aficio 240w Low toner warning

Going by the service manual, probably a faulty ID sensor. After the toner end is detected, and the toner is replaced, an ID test pattern is written to the drum surface and read by the ID sensor. If the pattern is not detected, the machine returns to the toner end condition.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Are you using OEM toner? If so, you may need to shake the tube in a somewhat more energetic fashion. It kind of sounds a little like the toner got damaged by being exposed to high temperatures and needs to be broken up more before it is put in the machine.
    Also make sure that the toner tube drive coupling in the machine mates up with the one on the toner tube, especially if you are not using OEM supplies. Kind of a funny story behind this one, once you've got this problem taken care of, if you ever have the time then I'll tell you about it if you want.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If your prints are very dark with heavy background and your going into a false add toner condition. Review the attached pdf for more info. If this is the case you will need a ID sensor and 2 bags of developer.

The toner tubes don't ship\store well but I don't believe its your problem.

If you believe that the ID sensor is the problem you can set SP 2208-3 to fix mode until you get a new ID. The only problem is that the machine can't be in a add toner state.

Review the attachment for more info on this problem.

Good luckB125_toner add.pdf
    Last edited by Brianneoe; 07-02-2017 at 01:53 PM. Reason: right solution for a different problem