Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: stars appear in all treats i have replied

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    The following is through my own experience, and researching through the experience of others.

Avert tracking bots keep tabs on ever action performed on a given web page,
    click likes, thanks, star ratings, SMS , email etc. I believe the bots purpose is
    to look for advertisement html tag <divs, img, href> and inject its own html code to
    overlay your already redirected web page with adverts.
    The advert bots then send images to your web browser, with pixel encrypted encodings
    which allow the server to track who you are, what you click on , what you are interested in. If you click on your browser back button and your page goes no where, your browser is being hijacked with advert redirects. I believe that this is to ensure your page is first checked/overlayed by the advert server. If there is no forced redirect in your back buttons (drop down history) use a text editor to view any href hyperlinks to see if any extra lead or trailing space character(s) have been added to the orginal hyper link tag code. The modified hyper link will force a hidden page 404 error and the page will be handed over/redirected to the advert server once again for checking and advertisement overlaying.

Stop the images from coming into your browser and you can limit the tracking intrusion.
    You cannot stop the browser redirection already coming from the advert server without blocking the entire CTN page, but you can block most of the redirection going back to the advertisement server, and therefore take back the update/viewing speed of your browser.

Under normal CTN web page viewing conditions some person has to physical click on the web page to allow the page to have a one to five star rating. That is the norm.
    The fact that you have "all stars" in your CTN pages is likely proof the advert bots are injecting
    return code back to the server. Using my Android tablet I use to have every page of CTN
    rated with "all five stars". I some how find it difficult to believe that every page on
    CTN is rated with five stars.

The above is my own personal experience with CTN web pages. Other people may be
    getting different advert overlays than what I'm seeing at my end. Advert personal
    profiling is big business for the I.T. industry. You can opt out in your web browser
    all you like, but it won't stop the profiling software from being used on the servers.
    It won't stop the tracking images from arriving in your web browers storage cache.

Obviously blatant hackers can mimic similar actions as the advert bots.
    Some people believe that profile tracking is harmless, it all depends on
    the scale an how it can effect an entire countries voter/buyer preference.
    If you have enough hacked enslaved PC's out on the internet is it possible
    to affect a global choice that somehow becomes a fake majority choice.
    Recently I had a problem with pages on CTN loading very slowly. I observed the activity being displayed on the bottom left corner of Firefox and noticed that it stayed for a long time on "reading s24.sitemeter.com". I did a search on that URL and found a number of blogs listing it as potentially unwanted site but none of them said that it would drastically slow a page loading. I therefore assumed that either AdBlock Plus or Malwarebites antimalware was blocking the IP for the URL. A few more blogs suggested adding it to the HOSTS file and pointing it to 0.0.0.0 along with all sitemeter URLs from S10 to S29 plus S2.statcounter.com. After editing the HOSTS file, CTN no longer hung while loading.

Senior Tech. 1,000+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Recently I had a problem with pages on CTN loading very slowly. I observed the activity being displayed on the bottom left corner of Firefox and noticed that it stayed for a long time on "reading s24.sitemeter.com". I did a search on that URL and found a number of blogs listing it as potentially unwanted site but none of them said that it would drastically slow a page loading. I therefore assumed that either AdBlock Plus or Malwarebites antimalware was blocking the IP for the URL. A few more blogs suggested adding it to the HOSTS file and pointing it to 0.0.0.0 along with all sitemeter URLs from S10 to S29 plus S2.statcounter.com. After editing the HOSTS file, CTN no longer hung while loading.

Yes thanks Slim.
    How many moms and dads know how to block a corrupt URL site at the windows Host file though?

My windows host file is about 1.2MB in size.

It still doesn't stop hackers advert servers from setting a false IP address to bypass the original Host IP address setting you put in. I'm starting to see other active local PC methods to bypass the host file at present. I keeping an eye on "unused protocols" accessing the net. The advert servers will even advertise with hard coded text directly into the CTN web page advert image space.

The advertisement is not so annoying, what becomes annoying is the fact that
    unknown different advert servers try to overlay a web page an bog down your internet
    browser connection to mostly worthless. On top of their b/s CPU cycle stealing, while trying to do background tasks ie. copy backup, cd burn etc.

What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Post Thanks / Like

Neomatrix and Slimslob: what are you trying to say?
    I don't see how this info could be a solution for the problem described in this tread.
    So, i have a feeling it is off-topic.
    I'm i correct?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    I don't see how this info could be a solution for the problem described in this tread.
    I'm i correct?
    For on topic see my previous thread concerning "Rate This Thread"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm i correct?
    Respectfully Mark.Bbb, your humility is noted.
    The orginal topic in question is very much in focus an on topic by all who answered.

1).Title: Re. stars appear in all threads i have replied.

2). Slim explained, that all CTN web pages have a "Rate This Thread" click option".

3). I explained in "fervent detail" how the web page "Rate This Thread" click option is hacked.

With all sincerity I hope the above brings the original post an all thread topics into context.

Last edited by NeoMatrix; 1 Week Ago at 12:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    Why is it that 5 stars appear in all treats that I have replied to?
    Can someone tell me how to put it off?
    Thanks!!!
    Greetings...
    Mark

No you cannot change any setting in CTN that will remove the "all five stars" from all CTN web pages.

To my current knowledge, I'm not aware of any CTN user settings that can prevent all stars from appearing on CTN web pages. You may like to send an email/PM to the SYS-OP Aneurysm and ask if there is a system setting to remove the all stars "Rate This Thread" option from your user profile.

Apology, by natural assumption I though you where a veteran user on CTN by your "Join Date 2012".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Post Thanks / Like

Neomatrix: I think I understand it better now.
    Meanwhile I think the issue is solved.
    Thank you for replying anyway, Neomatrix and Slimslob!