Senior Tech 100+ Posts aktasson's Avatar

MP8001 light image

Hi there!

our customer complained about a too light (light image) print out from pc and from copying.

Does anyone have a tip on what could be the problem? 300k maintenance has already been done at 804k pages. The machine is now at 810207. The procedure with dev lot no and dev init successfully executed.

After toner forced supply the black comes back. Checking SP2201-004 240V ok, SP2967-001 0 ok and SP3902-008 at 130 ok.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP8001 light image

Re: MP8001 light image

Dirty ID sensor. If PCU components have gone past the recommended PM count, replace them.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP8001 light image

Make sure the ozone filters at the rear and the one just upstream from the fuser are clean. I've had similar issues on this model, and filter replacement was the fix. Also, if the smc numbers are correct, you had better install a new transfer belt and blade. More than 800k is a lot.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Did you clean the mag roller when you changed the developer? Drum? Corona?

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Make sure the ozone filters at the rear and the one just upstream from the fuser are clean. I've had similar issues on this model, and filter replacement was the fix. Also, if the smc numbers are correct, you had better install a new transfer belt and blade. More than 800k is a lot.
    The filters ozone filter, development filter, filter toner and the dust filter where replaced by me during maintenance. The filters are components of the 300k maintenance kit. But i will check and replace on the next visit the tr belt. During the maintenance I had disassembled it to clean all the potential rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Dirty ID sensor. If PCU components have gone past the recommended PM count, replace them.
    I cleaned it as always during maintenance with a blower brush and SP3001-002 . I removed today at visit the drum unit and checked + cleaned again. The sensor was clean and no dust/soilung was around. I also think about to replace the tr belt and drum if the problem persists and the customer calls back again.
    As a temporary solution i have initialized the dev SP 2801 with good toner level condition after forced toner supply. The values of the Vref, Vt and Vsg seems to be ok.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aktasson View Post
    I cleaned it as always during maintenance with a blower brush and SP3001-002 . I removed today at visit the drum unit and checked + cleaned again. The sensor was clean and no dust/soilung was around. I also think about to replace the tr belt and drum if the problem persists and the customer calls back again.
    As a temporary solution i have initialized the dev SP 2801 with good toner level condition after forced toner supply. The values of the Vref, Vt and Vsg seems to be ok.

Replace the OPC drum.

first detect that bottle is running well in exact time. and hopper is throwing toner well.open machine and see what happend. may be toner is moistured.and paper also moistured.make free run....i hope that helps

Technician

Lightbulb Re: MP8001 light image

You checked the developer filter