Thread: Aficio 3525C

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Aficio 3525C

Aficio 3525C

Hello people

was called out to this machine for an SC-544 error (now corrected) and patchy blues - rebuilt the fuser unit, fitted a new cyan dev & a dev drive clutch, test printed fine, beautiful prints for an oldie

client rang back saying they can no longer scan and that the scan options are greyed out with bits missing from the words on the control panel screen

LCD 1.JPGLCD 2.JPG

anyone seen this before? did i leave something disconnected?

heeeeeeeeeeelp

thanks in advance

Looks like the network cable may have been unplugged when you where replacing the clutch. Give them a phone maybe you could advise them on the network port location.
    One other possibility is that the machine might just need a reboot. With it being grayed out like that the machine may be trying to process a job already.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Aficio 3525C

Re: Aficio 3525C

Quote Originally Posted by HitMan View Post
    Looks like the network cable may have been unplugged when you where replacing the clutch. Give them a phone maybe you could advise them on the network port location.
    One other possibility is that the machine might just need a reboot. With it being grayed out like that the machine may be trying to process a job already.
    if only it were that easy - i reconnected the network cable & test printed from a computer before i left

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Aficio 3525C

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    if only it were that easy - i reconnected the network cable & test printed from a computer before i left
    Hitman is on the right track.
    The screen appears this way, when it's processing a job. The memory shows 96%, and appears to be trying to scan to email; however, it will typically time out and go back to normal, so it appears that it may be in some sort of logic loop that may just require a simple reboot

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Definitely the machine is trying to process something. I used to see this a lot on the older B2C boxes. Have the customer go through each function and press the clear modes and Stop keys at the same time. When they find the function causing the issue they should hear the polygon motor start turning and the remaining functions will come back to life. A reboot will do the same thing, but since most people just turn off the main switch they ended up killing a drive or two so it became cheaper to just try clearing the individual functions on the machine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Aficio 3525C

thank you all for your suggestions

i rebooted the machine but this did not correct the problem, so i deleted all stored files (memory back up to 100%), then rebooted and it came good

corrupt stored file i guess