Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MP2852 Developement Gear

This model is becoming a headache for me. Development gears were grinded by the splitted developer, I replaced development case, dev roller gears, developer and drum parts. After 14K prints same issue risen again. Is there any permanent soultion to fix this problem on these models? Somebody has advised that using type 1027 PCU will help, Is type 1027 compatible with MP2852 series?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP2852 Developement Gear

Re: MP2852 Developement Gear

The 1027 pcu is compatible with the mp2852 series. I believe you have to cut off a pin from the back of the front cover of the pcu so it will fit, but it is easy to see the differences when you compare the two. Are you using oem toner and developer? I haven't had the problem you mentioned rebuilding the 2852 developer units.
    Totoro

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    The 1027 pcu is compatible with the mp2852 series. I believe you have to cut off a pin from the back of the front cover of the pcu so it will fit, but it is easy to see the differences when you compare the two. Are you using oem toner and developer? I haven't had the problem you mentioned rebuilding the 2852 developer units.
    many thanks. Yes we use OEM toner and develper.

MP2852 Developement Gear

Oh, make sure you run sp 2801 and initialize the developer when you use the 1027 pcu.
    Totoro

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP2852 Developement Gear

Quote Originally Posted by jshah View Post
    many thanks. Yes we use OEM toner and develper.
    By OEM do you mean Genuine Ricoh or an OEM toner made by third party? OEM means that it is made to the same formulation as the original, but not the same quality.

Unless you are extremely sloppy when changing developer when replacing developer, your problem is not caused by spilled developer. It is caused by worn developer, or non Ricoh developer that is of smaller particle size, working through the bushings in the development unit. As it works through it also wears the bushing allowing even more to work through.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP2852 Developement Gear

If you are thinking about using Type 1027 PCU, read through this thread first. You might be getting rebuilt PCU.
    Ricoh Type 1027 PCU...somethings different about them lately.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP2852 Developement Gear

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It is caused by worn developer, or non Ricoh developer that is of smaller particle size, working through the bushings in the development unit. As it works through it also wears the bushing allowing even more to work through.
    Thanks for this tip, Tim.
    As you know, I'm typically pretty big on the use of genuine parts, and supplies, but admittedly I have been using some generic devs in these units, and while it perfoms quite well as far as image quality, and PM cycle, part of my rebuild has often included a new set of gears, which were showing serious signs of wear.
    I'd been wondering why they get worn so quickly, when the very similar MP2000/2500 (for example) can run nearly forever without gear replacement.
    While I'm confessing my sins, I've been doing the same thing with my MP5001/5002, etc. series, and seemingly replacing more paddle roller bearings than I should be.
    This explains a lot!
    I'd been blaming poor design, but it seems it was more likely "this guy" all along.
    I'm going to track the performance difference with GENUINE dev.
    I appreciate the advice!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP2852 Developement Gear

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Thanks for this tip, Tim.
    As you know, I'm typically pretty big on the use of genuine parts, and supplies, but admittedly I have been using some generic devs in these units, and while it perfoms quite well as far as image quality, and PM cycle, part of my rebuild has often included a new set of gears, which were showing serious signs of wear.
    I'd been wondering why they get worn so quickly, when the very similar MP2000/2500 (for example) can run nearly forever without gear replacement.
    While I'm confessing my sins, I've been doing the same thing with my MP5001/5002, etc. series, and seemingly replacing more paddle roller bearings than I should be.
    This explains a lot!
    I'd been blaming poor design, but it seems it was more likely "this guy" all along.
    I'm going to track the performance difference with GENUINE dev.
    I appreciate the advice!
    On the MP5001/5002 etc you might also want to check the seal rings on the ends of the paddle shaft when you replace the bearings. If they are worn, developer can get to the bearings faster. Only part number I could find was for the 1035/1045, AA152283 Ring - M12.

Angry Re: MP2852 Developement Gear

ricoh company spend afew years in developing their products in beginning from 1027 1022 and at last mp2852 no change no solutions mentioned in this model. they make afew modification in units but design is weak. need more fixes. gears, plastic axes . bushing.if yo used generic toner save your money and buy another one. if yo can to catch used original unit.yo will be lucky it make about 80.k.

I prefer to not use the 1027 pcu, they like to leak all over the place. . It is better to rebuild. You will have to replce the other PCU after about 160K.