Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    andyanagi

Exclamation GX7000 Reset Cartridge message won't go...

Hi All
    I have a Ricoh GX7000 Printer and been using this machine for many years without a problem, well today I've had to replace the yellow ink cartridge which I've done many times before but today it keeps displaying the "Open Front Cover and Reset Cartridge" message. I've tried taking out the cartridge, putting in again. Switching off and on again. Making sure the metal contacts on both the cartridge and inside the machine are clean/dust free. It appears to be the correct cartridge, it looks the same as all the other cartridges, has GX7000 on the side etc. The cartridge came from the same Supplier I always use.

Can anyone help me? Don't know what else to try. Machine is out of warranty.
    Thank you in advance.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    GX7000 Reset Cartridge message won't go...

Re: GX7000 Reset Cartridge message won't go...

Considering that the model was first produced in 2007, it is definitely out of warranty. It is also placed it date of assured parts and support availability.

As for your problem, it is most likely a clogged gel line, defective print head, defective cleaning station or waste toner collection unit. Unless you can find someone trained and experienced in working on gel jet machines who also has access to replacement parts, I would suggest that you replace the dinosaur.