Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello People

Hello People

The system says that I had not posted in 448 days. That is because I was not working copiers for a while. I am again.

But I had an account since the late 2000's and had many posts, but that account had disappeared and I couldn't get back in. I had put up some good advice...Oh Well.

Have a great YEAR!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Hello People

Re: Hello People

Welcome back!

You must feel like the guy at the top of this page that was abandoned by Ricoh.

Seriously, I know admin have been doing some maintenance on this website so maybe your posts will come back. Or email the admin if you don't get an answer here.

Take care

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viking69 View Post
    The system says that I had not posted in 448 days. That is because I was not working copiers for a while. I am again.

But I had an account since the late 2000's and had many posts, but that account had disappeared and I couldn't get back in. I had put up some good advice...Oh Well.

Have a great YEAR!

Welcome Back! Do remember what your original username was and I'll see what I can figure out, we try not to purge users that have a lot of post, even after a long inactive streak but you never know.
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    You must feel like the guy at the top of this page that was abandoned by Ricoh.
    That Sharp ad showed up everywhere today, good idea since Ricoh shot most of their sales force in the past 3-4 months.
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Welcome back
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

Hello People

Speaking of Ricoh, what's going on with them? Used to have a big presence in the copier biz (probably 3rd after Kon-Min & Canon) but don't hear much now. I know a few Ricoh dealers that went out of business in my area, New Jersey & Philadelphia. Left people hanging with service contracts, machine orders, etc. Ricoh took over some of the bigger accounts but the small companies got screwed!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Hello People

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Speaking of Ricoh, what's going on with them? Used to have a big presence in the copier biz (probably 3rd after Kon-Min & Canon) but don't hear much now. I know a few Ricoh dealers that went out of business in my area, New Jersey & Philadelphia. Left people hanging with service contracts, machine orders, etc. Ricoh took over some of the bigger accounts but the small companies got screwed!
    Ricoh laid off a huge chunk of their "Ricoh Direct Branch" sale reps about 3 months ago, I heard the number was about 2,500 nation wide, everyone below "Sales Manager", Then last month they shot a bunch more. They are going to let anyone sell their equipment and they will handle the service. Our dealership got a call from Ricoh wanting us to sell the Ricoh light production equipment and then farm the service out to them. If you hit up The Google you can find a bunch of info the Ricoh mess.

https://copiercareers.com/copier-cha...rce-reduction/

From the Article: Yamashita’s goal for North America is to outsource sales – “We have already picked more than 20 sales agents in the U.S. and have begun transferring customers from our local subsidiary to these firms.” Nikkei reports that Ricoh’s American subsidiary will only continue dealing with major customers.

Hello People

A good thought but not going to work. This is a last ditch effort before pulling out of USA. Several other OEM's have tried this or similar and it failed. Dealerships are the footprint for USA. Of course along with some OEM branch offices to keep dealers honest and also as a backup in case dealer goes bankrupt they can takeover accts

Hello People

Thanks for that info.

A good thought from Ricoh but not going to work. This is a last ditch effort before pulling out of USA. Several other OEM's have tried this or similar and it failed. Dealerships are the footprint for USA. Of course along with some OEM branch offices to keep dealers honest and also as a backup in case dealer goes bankrupt they can takeover accts

Do companies like Savin, Gestetner, etc still re-brand Ricoh equipment?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hello People

Welcome back!

I've been away myself. Not quite as long as you, but definitely less often. I used to be here almost daily.

Still love this site, though.

I think Ricoh got a new CEO. The industry has changed a bunch since I 1st got into it. We had an all-tech meeting & half of us had gray hair. When I started hardly anybody was over 30.