Technician

MP C5000 Transfer Door

Hello everyone,

I am looking to replace the bottom paper feed unit and am trying to figure how to lower the door containing the transfer unit. Mostly removing the wire holding up the door, I will be traveling 3 hours both ways to repair this copier and don't want to ruin it in the process.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C5000 Transfer Door

Re: MP C5000 Transfer Door

It is in the service manual. Replacement and Adjustments - Duplex Unit. Follow the procedures exactly or that cable at the back is going to be inside the Duplex Unit and it will not be possible for one person to pull it back out. There is also a possibility that you could be injured by the cable.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP C5000 Transfer Door

Take the duplex cover off. You'll see a large spring attached to the duplex door cable below the bypass tray. Just remove it.

I can't quite remember, but you may be able to get at it thru the flap below the bypass tray. I've just always taken the cover off.

The biggest pain to me is putting the duplex cover back on.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techsass View Post
    Take the duplex cover off. You'll see a large spring attached to the duplex door cable below the bypass tray. Just remove it.

I can't quite remember, but you may be able to get at it thru the flap below the bypass tray. I've just always taken the cover off.

Yes, you will need to remove the cover first. Release the giant spring first. THen make sure your wiring harnesses and groud cable are disconnected.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C5000 Transfer Door

Quote Originally Posted by techsass View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    Yes, you will need to remove the cover first. Release the giant spring first. THen make sure your wiring harnesses and groud cable are disconnected.
    Removing the cover, attempting to disconnect the spring without injury, attempting to reinstall the spring and reinstalling the cover sounds like a lot more work and time than just following what is in the service manual. I have done a few and it is really quite simple as long as you have the service manual to look at the illustrations.

Technician

Thanks guys, I found a copy of the service manual and will refer to it while I work. Thank you for the help!