Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh AF 3025 Ghosting

Re: Ricoh AF 3025 Ghosting

Did you run developer initialization after replacing the developer?
    agree with above using type 1027 pcu much easier than replacing all those individual parts and having it fail early.
    that being said if there is any toner build up on the upper fuser roller it can also display this symptom.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    Did you run developer initialization after replacing the developer?
    agree with above using type 1027 pcu much easier than replacing all those individual parts and having it fail early.
    that being said if there is any toner build up on the upper fuser roller it can also display this symptom.
    I don't have a parts manual in front of me.(...okay then, to lazy to get-outa-me-chair.)
    Is this the model where the fuser plastic frame cracks and the hot roller goes a drift and moves sideways in the fuser frame?
    The associate problem can also cause the pressure roller to jump out of position. I've seen that a few times.
    If the fuser case has failed the entire lower fuser case needs replacing.

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh AF 3025 Ghosting

Quote Originally Posted by Elmtech View Post
    Thanks for all the information so far. The whole drum unit / imaging unit including new developer powder was replaced and installed according to the service manual. The ghosting issue was not present before it was replaced it only showed up a few days after intermittenty along with the intermittent overtoning. The fuser unit was inspected and looked fine at the initial visit and when i went back to see why it was ghosting so i did not replace it. It was a genuine ricoh part but am unsure if it was ricoh refurbed. I will check the cleaning blade whn i visit is there anything else besides the fuser or cleaning blade to check?
    So, if I'm understanding correctly, you bought the B209 3001 or B205 0151 unit PLUS developer that needs to be added manually, rather than just popping in the type 1027 PCU (#411018) that virtually everyone uses? That's a much more expensive route, with no benefit at all.
    Only the 1027 units could be the refurbs that others are referring to.
    Again, you've told us that you installed the developer per the service manual, but did you calibrate it? It sure sounds like you may not have

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I did run the developer initialization to calibrate it. All was lrinting perfectly while i was there. I did not supply the parts for this job was given them by the boss. Just fitting what i was supplied. I am going back tommorrow to check it out again. Thanks for all the information so far

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Because you had good prints directly after you replaced the pcdu, and the problem came later on, it might be that the toner in the machine is incorrect OR the developer you used is different than dev.28 or B1219645...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks all the resonses. I reattended today and threw some powder on the drum blade. Also changed the dev bias voltage to -600. So far so good