Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP C5000 facsimile button red and says to make sure the paper tray is not overloaded

Re: MP C5000 facsimile button red and says to make sure the paper tray is not overloa

Many, many thanks to all who contributed to my question. I found out that the drawer 4 paper lift plate was stuck down and would not go up due to something wrong with the plate that pushes it up from underneath when you open the drawer. I had not noticed this because it was not being used by the customer nor was drawer three. (Did not notice the plate was not popping up when the drawer is opened.) I also had to clear the RAM memory. It still has the red light on because the customer had to leave and I had no time to look at what was causing the plate to be stuck. He can now just press exit and it allows him to use the Fax to send or receive. Crazy thing is that only the fax button light goes red with this problem, you would think the copy button and the printer buttons would go red instead.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MP C5000 facsimile button red and says to make sure the paper tray is not overloa

So, tonermunkey was right...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP C5000 facsimile button red and says to make sure the paper tray is not overloaded

I've never understood that with Ricohs. For some reason, that I haven't figured out the paper lift effects only the fax. You'll get an error message to reduce the paper. Printing & copying will work perfectly.