Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Junior Member liontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation Ricoh mp7502 Temperature drops

    Hi guysI have a strange problem with ricoh mp7502When printing a job, the temperature drops a lot, starts at normal temperature (190) and falls to 160 !.It does not throw sc code in the screen, but in history it appears sc991.I changed everything, fuser rollers, lamps, drum, developer, boards, I use original and generic toner and the temperature drops tooObviously, it does not blow the toner.any ideas?


  2. #2
    The New Guy 1,000+ Posts ruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Ricoh mp7502 Temperature drops

    SC991 is generic software error. Most of the time it can be cured by updating the firmware, however, sometimes it is a fault in the BCU or RAM.
    If you check the values of SP7-403 it should tell you a bit more about the code, Ricoh will need this information if you contact them.

    Does the SC appear at the same time that the temp drops? Does it drop immediately or during printing?


  3. #3
    Junior Member liontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh mp7502 Temperature drops

    Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    SC991 is generic software error. Most of the time it can be cured by updating the firmware, however, sometimes it is a fault in the BCU or RAM.
    If you check the values of SP7-403 it should tell you a bit more about the code, Ricoh will need this information if you contact them.

    Does the SC appear at the same time that the temp drops? Does it drop immediately or during printing?




    Thanks for the replyThe code appears when the temperature drops.From the fifth copy begins to decrease the temperature


  4. #4
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Ricoh mp7502 Temperature drops

    Hi,

    Just a thought............ There was a similar fault related to temperture issues on the previous models (MP6002). The bracket of the thermistor was modifyed within the fuser unit. Might be worth a quick check of the thermistors and the position of the securing bracket. Also an SP mode was changed

    Set Sp 1105-002 (Fuser temperture adjustment normal time) to 180 sec (defualt 190)

    Also check following sp's are all at defualt

    1105-001
    1105-003~14
    1107-001~24

    hope that helps


  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    489
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Ricoh mp7502 Temperature drops

    Are you sure this temperature drop is abnormal?
    Have you checked with another mp7502?
    Like Ruben said, sc991 doesn't have to relate to this issue.
    If it was a fuser issue, would it than not provoke sc5** fuser error codes?


  6. #6
    Junior Member liontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh mp7502 Temperature drops

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman1976 View Post
    Hi,

    Just a thought............ There was a similar fault related to temperture issues on the previous models (MP6002). The bracket of the thermistor was modifyed within the fuser unit. Might be worth a quick check of the thermistors and the position of the securing bracket. Also an SP mode was changed

    Set Sp 1105-002 (Fuser temperture adjustment normal time) to 180 sec (defualt 190)

    Also check following sp's are all at defualt

    1105-001
    1105-003~14
    1107-001~24

    hope that helps


    Yes, the bracket is correct, I checked a bulletin that talked about that and the temperatures are well configured.Thank you very much for the reply


  7. #7
    Junior Member liontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh mp7502 Temperature drops

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Are you sure this temperature drop is abnormal?
    Have you checked with another mp7502?
    Like Ruben said, sc991 doesn't have to relate to this issue.
    If it was a fuser issue, would it than not provoke sc5** fuser error codes?


    I think so. I did tests on similar machines and the temperature drops from 190 to 184, 185.The machine is installed at 2000m above sea level, but I do not think that influences because there are many machines in that place and they do not present flaws.thanks for your help


  8. #8
    It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,167
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Ricoh mp7502 Temperature drops

    • Test the fusing lamps with a multi-meter and check they are all working.
    • Clean / replace the thermistors.


    The hot roller is only a thin teflon coated roller, so the paper as it passes though at 75ppm will remove some of that heat.


  9. #9
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    489
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Ricoh mp7502 Temperature drops

    if there is no toner on your finger when rubbing over the paper, I don't think there is a problem.
    You must know that - due to environment issues - fusing of toner is much more efficient than on earlier models.
    (and I think that is good.)


  10. #10
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    489
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Ricoh mp7502 Temperature drops

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    • Test the fusing lamps with a multi-meter and check they are all working.
    • Clean / replace the thermistors.


    The hot roller is only a thin teflon coated roller, so the paper as it passes though at 75ppm will remove some of that heat.
    it could be that one (of the 2) is not working..., precisely


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here