Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    At least its a global thing then.Not just the morons in my country.

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    Port 9100 is the default port, and it could matter if they have a managed switch and he tweaked with the port settings.

But psphar is right, it generally shouldn't matter.

I will agree that when I used to set these up, I would get the "I made some setting changes and the damn Ricoh won't print, so it must be your machine."

Damn guys, are you seriously kidding me? This is the 'troubleshooting' method you use?

Anyway, although it does happen, most of the time items just don't stop printing because of their own doing.

Take nmfaxman's suggestion and use a x-over cable and isolate the machine.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Savin 2527 stopped printing, no ping

I am attempting to help, if I state the obvious please don't be insulted. If you unplug the network cable does a light go out? Power the MFP down and pull the power cord for 1 min and restart the machine. Unplug the network cable does a light go out? If not it’s probably a controller. If yes run ipconfig and get your ip range and subnet it may have been changed on the network. If they are using dhcp make sure that the ip address in the MFP is high enough that it won't conflict with anything else on the network. ie if the ip range starts at 192.168.0.1 set the ip of the MFP to a number like 192.168.0.127. Right click on your mfp then properties, ports. Find your port and make sure the ip is the same at the mfp and the port. If not Reconfigure the port or reinstall the MFP and setup the new port.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Dude, the network cards never go bad on Ricoh's (unlike HP). It's the IP address probably. The IT guy screwed it up.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

IT whinging

And my other major gripe is when the girl clicks on the printer icon and a piece of paper dosn't come out of the box why does she always ring me to complain? Why doesn't she ring Bill Gates and tell him he's crappy Windows has crashed again?

I feel better now I've got that off my chest!

Technician

Savin 2527 won't print

Thanks everyone. I took a laptop to the customers office, loaded the driver, set the ip address hit the ip unit from explorer. Could not print test page. I had the machine picked up and brought to my office. It now prints test page from my laptop. I work on Konica and Richo is not an everyday thing for me, but a copier is a copier, mostly. Most of the ip stuff is not brain surgery if you know pass words and things like Konica's use port 10001 not 9100( the ip guys like us to think you need a PHD ). Is there any reason unplugging from power for a period of time would do this, capistors drain?

I am taking the machine back to customer and try from their network. I'll let you know.

Technician
    It's working fine!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

What was your fix?

Technician
    Thanks for your help. I took a laptop to the customers office, loaded the savin driver, set the ip address to the copier. I could hit the ip unit with explorer but it would not print. I had the machine picked up and brought to my shop. I connected to my laptop and it printed. Took it back to customer, everything works fine. I think something drained from power disconect. ??? Any ideas?

Technician
    hi james, have you tried changing the ethernet speed through the network setup? take it off of auto and manually inputting the ethernet speed. worth a try anyway. hope this helps.