Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Angry Resurrecting a LD 275C

Hi Kids..Mon morning...Ohh Joy.

I have a customer that wants to resurrect a LD 275C that was in storage for several years....I want to do this with about the same desire as getting a root canal...
    So... any information and help about parts availability, trouble spots , areas to check , costs, downside to this box etc. will be much appreciated.....

Cheers.

P.S. Yes I want to find reasons to discourage the customer from putting this box back in service...

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Resurrecting a LD 275C

Re: Resurrecting a LD 275C

Since it has been in storage for several years, I would not put it on a maintenance contract without the customer first paying for and my doing a full PM of everything, PCU, new developers, ITB, PTR, paper feed and fusing unit. If the drums have over 50% of PM cycle replace them. There is an idler gear on the back of the fusing unit in the drive train for the exit section that tends to chip teeth. It is the only gear that is not metal. When it chips, the exit section stops turning.

As this is the predecessor to the MP C7501 and uses many of the same PM parts, it most likely will suffer from the same toner belching problems. There are a number of threads on the toner problems with the C6501/C7501. Apply all service bulletins if not already done. Once all that is done, apply the settings for color 60-75 cpm in the attachedService Program (SP) Settings.pdf

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Resurrecting a LD 275C

Just tell the customer an outright lie, no parts or toner available any longer. Not nice but it will be a lot better for your mental health and the customers wallet. Some times you have to be cruel to be kind.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

So I went to evaluate and resurrect this copier that was in "perfect" working order when put in storage...Finisher output tray broken off, brackets bent, ground pin broken off and best of all ...SC 562....Ohh Joy.. Told the customer that the cord must be replaced before any work can be performed...Waiting for response...

So, are we having fun yet?

Resurrecting a LD 275C

Don't know where you are in the world but in the 240V parts thats a 15A copier and won't plug into a normal 10A outlet. An outlandish quote to put in a 15A circuit will also help to change the customers mind.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Resurrecting a LD 275C

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Don't know where you are in the world but in the 240V parts thats a 15A copier and won't plug into a normal 10A outlet. An outlandish quote to put in a 15A circuit will also help to change the customers mind.
    The MP C7500/LD 275C is a 240 Volt machine in all parts of the world. Requires a dedicated 20A circuit and a NEMA 6-20R outlet.

Resurrecting a LD 275C

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The MP C7500/LD 275C is a 240 Volt machine in all parts of the world. Requires a dedicated 20A circuit and a NEMA 6-20R outlet.
    ??? even in 110V USA? I presume a NEMA is some sort of step up transformer?

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Ah, no.

https://www.nema.org/

Here in North America we have a split phase 120V / 240V distribution system. A circuit can be configured for either 120V (one phase to neutral or the centre tap) or 240V (phase to phase). No step up transformer involved.

Resurrecting a LD 275C

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Ah, no.

https://www.nema.org/

Here in North America we have a split phase 120V / 240V distribution system. A circuit can be configured for either 120V (one phase to neutral or the centre tap) or 240V (phase to phase). No step up transformer involved.
    Ahh, so thats how you do it, often wondered. Oh well, curiosity satisfied so back to work .

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Resurrecting a LD 275C

The MP C7500 is 240 volt. The MP C6500 is 110 volt. Both require a 20A circuit.

NEMA is an electrical standard. We specify the NEMA standard number for the circuit we need an a licensed electrician will know exactly what is needed, or at least can look up in his standards book.