Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Question Ricoh MPC3000, Low Density on CMYK Colors

Hello, I have two Ricoh Copiers ( MPC2500 / MPC3000 ) the MPC3000, is printing the Blacks tones on low Density, please check images attached, both machine has the same firmware versions, no fuser or pcu problem, the mpc2500 is ok,

Can be a SP adjustment ?, somes Ideas ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC3000, Low Density on CMYK Colors

Re: Ricoh MPC3000, Low Density on CMYK Colors

Quote Originally Posted by mterrero View Post
    Hello, I have two Ricoh Copiers ( MPC2500 / MPC3000 ) the MPC3000, is printing the Blacks tones on low Density, please check images attached, both machine has the same firmware versions, no fuser or pcu problem, the mpc2500 is ok,

Can be a SP adjustment ?, somes Ideas ?
    Why do you say it's not a PCU problem?
    I see smudges coming from the drum(s), and the density of ALL colours is crap.
    The PM may be 80K on the PCU's, but when consumables get to 10+ years old, the usage is redundant
    PLUS.....appears you're using Generic toner. Another No-No

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Firstly, down to basics. The state of your optics is terrible. You printed those printouts, then I presume you scanned them on the glass to upload them here. The streaks appearing are from the dirty optics when you scanned them, so I presume glass slits on the laser are also very dirty, which will make any printing very low density. Copier tech basic, clean your scanner optics, clean your laser slit optics. Look at the copy again. What mileage have your PCU's done, how do you know no problem the pcu's ?, still bad ? Service the PCU's, clean the charge rollers, do a forced toner recovery for all, adjust the dev bias , and then look at the print and tell me if its ok or not.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Why do you say it's not a PCU problem?
    I see smudges coming from the drum(s), and the density of ALL colours is crap.
    The PM may be 80K on the PCU's, but when consumables get to 10+ years old, the usage is redundant
    PLUS.....appears you're using Generic toner. Another No-No
    All PCUs were, interchange and the problem remained, Generic Toner, but the mpc2500 is ok

Retired 10,000+ Posts

What are the counters? Have you cleaned the laser shield glasses? Have you cleaned the ID sensor assembly? Have you cleaned all the mirrors in the scanner and then ran ACC?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by andy227 View Post
    Firstly, down to basics. The state of your optics is terrible. You printed those printouts, then I presume you scanned them on the glass to upload them here. The streaks appearing are from the dirty optics when you scanned them, so I presume glass slits on the laser are also very dirty, which will make any printing very low density. Copier tech basic, clean your scanner optics, clean your laser slit optics. Look at the copy again. What mileage have your PCU's done, how do you know no problem the pcu's ?, still bad ? Service the PCU's, clean the charge rollers, do a forced toner recovery for all, adjust the dev bias , and then look at the print and tell me if its ok or not.
    You are Right, Optic Mirror are dirty,,, Finally I change the NVRAM, ( Problem Gone, ) Good print quality and Density, what was the problem ? dont know, maybe somebody did a Memory clear or some wrong Practices.....Thanks ...

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mterrero View Post
    You are Right, Optic Mirror are dirty,,, Finally I change the NVRAM, ( Problem Gone, ) Good print quality and Density, what was the problem ? dont know, maybe somebody did a Memory clear or some wrong Practices.....Thanks ...
    Corrupted memory in the NVRam. I did notice looking at your original post that the problem was only in the composite black (CMY). Normally composite black is only used for print that test pattern. There was an option for printing composite black in at least one of the drivers. I don't know if it is still available. Even if the black is out of toner, it will not switch to composite. If you were to devise a way to use composite, every composite page would be counted as color as it would be consuming color toner.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You are Right, Optic Mirror are dirty,,, Finally I change the NVRAM, ( Problem Gone, )
    It was the optics. (I assume you mean you cleaned the laser glass also). NVRAM, never heard of nvram affecting copy quality. The trouble is, you should do these BASIC things such as the optics, before starting a new thread on copy quality.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy227 View Post
    It was the optics. (I assume you mean you cleaned the laser glass also). NVRAM, never heard of nvram affecting copy quality. The trouble is, you should do these BASIC things such as the optics, before starting a new thread on copy quality.
    Since the actual problem was with composite black, CMY, corrupted IPU memory in the NVRAM could cause error computing color levels for composite. Clear IPU memory might have corrected without replacing NVRAM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

All his colours were weak, everything on that test chart, not just the composit black. All colours being weak would naturally give an equaly weak composit. I would say specifically it was the laser glass which was probably so dirty as to affect everything.