Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    copierman 250+ Posts
    ricoh 2060 stops printing

Unhappy ricoh 2060 stops printing

Hi guys, im getting the problem where the machines stops printing (will respond to a ping request) i have updated all firmware, the customer says that when they switch the machine off and on again, the print jobs are then printed? any suggestions.

Thanks
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

pretty broad question

Pretty broad question. I am attempting to help, if I state the obvious please don't be insulted. Off the cuff it sounds like a memory problem. questions you should ask yourself: Does it happen on all print jobs, Is it a particular application, are they printing from the internet when they have the problem, do small print jobs print properly, do other applications print OK.

copierman 250+ Posts

Thanks for the reply, to be honest i have never caught the machine doing this as when i get there its ok!!! I have told the customer to leave the machine when they get the problem so i can either try a print from my laptop via crossover. it seems like all other jobs seem to stop also untill the power is switched off and on. I will await there call again, thanks for the help.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    It could be that there is not enough memory and the machine is stopping as it ran out of storage space when printing(spooling).

I would try and find out if they are printing colour pictures when it stops, they use alot of memory.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    Are you getting any hard-disk or memory related SC codes on the Log Data?

SC 819/820 for memory faults or SC992 is a good indicator for HDD probs.

I had a 2025 a few days ago that would display "Printing" on the printer tab, but would just sit there, cure was a new HDD.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    There can be a stalled print job on the server that gets kicked to the rear when you reset the machine. I have had this happen on various brands, it's not the machine eveb though I am sure the I.T. guy swears that it is.

Got in a real big row with one of them one time and the guy even threatened to get me fired. In the end someonew had a printjob stalling the printer. Sometimes it's a computer that is independant from the network but can access the printer.

Check it out!

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker