Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Re: Mpc3500 virus spreading?

I have never worked on a copier that had a virus, but I have worked on some that were no better than a virus...
    When I started servicing copiers they used toaster ovens for fusers.....I'm old

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techwurk View Post
    I have never worked on a copier that had a virus, but I have worked on some that were no better than a virus...
    How do you know....You might just be lucky that you never got infected.... ...I always take precautions and wear a good quality latex exam gloves, you just never know... ..Why take a chance of getting a virus???

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Cut the guy a break! Why scare away new members. Maybe he donated $ to this site. Then would it be alright to ask a lot of questions? End users are one thing but not right to do that to other techs. No one knows if he is new tech trying to learn, or maybe keep his job with a company. Back when I started in this business there wasn't internet otherwise I probably would've asked a lot of questions. Only help I had later on were the Intravia books.

I know repeat questions and long threads can be annoying and at times very frustrating. There have been times if the person was in front of me I would grabbed and shake them screaming do you want me to just go and service the machine for you!!!
    1) when 1st asked if was an end user OR tech.. answer was " a tech"
    2) then he admitted he WAS an end user
    3) then went back to "an uncertified" tech
    4) all 6-7 threads started ( some on same issue ) in one day

You and I both know questions are welcomed, but to try and BS somebody as to your qualifications is totally another matter. He claims to have the manuals for the units... but doesn't read them and clearly some of the problems are listed in the manuals.

Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    How do you know....You might just be lucky that you never got infected.... ...I always take precautions and wear a good quality latex exam gloves, you just never know... ..Why take a chance of getting a virus???
    I would think the bodily substances ( oils/toners ect) if a machine WAS infected would be transmitted to the doctor operating on it... if the substances got on the skin or in the eyes, mouth or lungs.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I would think the bodily substances ( oils/toners ect) if a machine WAS infected would be transmitted to the doctor operating on it... if the substances got on the skin or in the eyes, mouth or lungs.
    Yes, if the copier virus was caught by a tech he might spread it to all other copiers he/she came in contact with, that could be career ending for the tech.
    When I started servicing copiers they used toaster ovens for fusers.....I'm old

Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    LOL. I guess mentioning Intravia books does make me an old fart
    LOMFL well then Sir.. I guess we both are.. I still have some of those books.

I remember ( vaguely ) the copiers that had "bicycle chains" running the different sections.!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techwurk View Post
    Yes, if the copier virus was caught by a tech he might spread it to all other copiers he/she came in contact with, that could be career ending for the tech.
    Funny that you should talk about transmission..You do know that that a copier can get infected with and spread the AIDs virus.....That's why I ALWAYS wear gloves..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Really I am a beginner tech (learnt by myself & was in service line for 13 years already) willing to learn more.
    This great forum create for those willing to help, to share, & for those with problem can't solve to ask. For charity as well without asking for any reward.
    There may be a needs of a guideline or notification for the New comers to avoid this conflict be happen again, think about it guys.
    Sorry again any inconveniences or offence caused, I won't troubling u guys anymore.
    All the best & thanks for all your precious time. bye

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk