Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Once met mpc3500 with "black out" control panel, replace the control panel no cure & resort to replace the PSU from working machine no cure as well. Fix back the PSU back to working machine, what the hell the working machine pop out a same problem , control panel all "black out", is it this virus spreading scenario?

Finally found out that SC202 generated by using torch light on the control panel u could see. Replace LD unit & BCU, nothing happened again, the both machines resort to be scrap at last.
    Any ideas pro why this could happen?

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Re: Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Replace the polygon motor .also IPU could be defective
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Polygon mirror motor can short and take out components on the board that drives. Must replace both with new parts. If you do not you risk blowing what you replaced. Newest version of the polygon mirrror motor has been modified to reduce the likely of blowing the driver board. By swapping parts you now have two machines that need both replaced with new.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Mpc3500 virus spreading?

These are really old models, when you start removing connectors they can break, especially the flimsy ribbon cables.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Polygon mirror motor can short and take out components on the board that drives. Must replace both with new parts. If you do not you risk blowing what you replaced. Newest version of the polygon mirrror motor has been modified to reduce the likely of blowing the driver board. By swapping parts you now have two machines that need both replaced with new.
    Pro, only brand new parts will do? The whole LD unit from working machine cannot be considered? is it the both machines PSU already GONE & need to replace too?

Why the swapped PSU could bring the same problem "sc202" to the others? Thanks for ur input.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Quote Originally Posted by lawchatkui View Post
    Pro, only brand new parts will do? The whole LD unit from working machine cannot be considered? is it the both machines PSU already GONE & need to replace too?

Why the swapped PSU could bring the same problem "sc202" to the others? Thanks for ur input.

Idiot, you do not need to replace the entire laser, only the polygon mirror motor portion of it. It is necessary to remove the laser housing unit and the shutter plate in order to access the polygon mirror motor cover.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Idiot, you do not need to replace the entire laser, only the polygon mirror motor portion of it. It is necessary to remove the laser housing unit and the shutter plate in order to access the polygon mirror motor cover.
    Pro, behave yourself, change the whole LD unit should be nothing different with change only the polygon mirror motor, am I right? So I make it simple, bcos I got lots of spare LD unit.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Hey Tim, I see I'm not the only one who's patience is running thin with his 12 posts per day! Creating a new thread, and cluttering up old ones, for every new thought that comes to his mind.

Already have him blocked, becuase I got so tired of the recurring notifications when he makes post after post.

By the way....be careful getting to close, because I think his C3500 VIRUS got me! I have the sniffles tonight

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc3500 virus spreading?

Pro, behave yourself, change the whole LD unit should be nothing different with change only the polygon mirror motor, am I right? So I make it simple, bcos I got lots of spare LD unit.

And once you have blown all those LD units? A new polygon mirror motor is hundreds of dollars less than a complete laser unit.

Technician

Once met mpc3500 with "black out" control panel, replace the control panel no cure & resort to replace the PSU from working machine no cure as well. Fix back the PSU back to working machine, what the hell the working machine pop out a same problem , control panel all "black out", is it this virus spreading scenario?

Finally found out that SC202 generated by using torch light on the control panel u could see. Replace LD unit & BCU, nothing happened again, the both machines resort to be scrap at last.
    Any ideas pro why this could happen?

Hi.
    Virus machine can't be, i think the machine may be when using Anroid. This proplem may be overload on BCU.