Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MP7000 sc547

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

MP7000 sc547

I have replaced the thrmisters, with the newer parts #s, this machine ran for 6 months no problems, 5000/10000 sheets per month
    all of a sudden i get the 547 out of the blue? I changed the thermisters again just now, its not going away, im thnking the PWS?
    I un plugged the machine for a little bit, still same code, even with the door open and the fuser pulled out?
    what can it be? and is it fixable with out sending the machine to the big dumpster in the recycle sky?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MP7000 sc547

Did you reset SC code?

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP7000 sc547

SC 547 is a zero cross error. Either zero cross detection on the power supply or very trashy AC line voltage. If AC power is solar only, that could be the problem as solar may not be a true sine wave. Unless properly filtered, it is usually a stepped square wave which does not play nice with zero cross circuits as there is no actual zero cross.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    SC 547 is a zero cross error. Either zero cross detection on the power supply or very trashy AC line voltage. If AC power is solar only, that could be the problem as solar may not be a true sine wave. Unless properly filtered, it is usually a stepped square wave which does not play nice with zero cross circuits as there is no actual zero cross.
    As Slime mentioned, check the power supply or power line.
    The other thing is to make sure the thermistor wires aren't pinched/damaged. If the metal bracket pinches one too tightly and gets through the sheath it can cause Zero-Cross errors.

Makes sure the wires are in good shape then enter SP mode, door open, reset machine. If it won't clear, start checking the power for noise.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check the heat lamp connectors make sure the blue connector is connected to blue terminal and green is connected to green terminal.