MP301 Duplex jamming

Had a couple of these jamming when duplexing. I found these small brackets out of place. Also I found some information on using the old style fuser pawl, I am trying it and have had no issues as of yet.
    Just thought someone may want to know.
    MP301-jam-issue.jpgMP301-jam-issue1.jpg MP301-fuser-pawl.jpg

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP301 Duplex jamming

Re: MP301 Duplex jamming

Thanks for this.
    Only have few of these out. All began with low meters, and got complaints about fuser jams on a couple of them very quickly. Switched over the Pickers for the old style and never a problem since, so I just started doing it on easdh one I got after that.
    Blows my mind when changes like this are made -the old ones still fit, and work, but for some STUPID reason they go and change the style of the ones that it uses

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP301 Duplex jamming

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Thanks for this.
    Only have few of these out. All began with low meters, and got complaints about fuser jams on a couple of them very quickly. Switched over the Pickers for the old style and never a problem since, so I just started doing it on easdh one I got after that.
    Blows my mind when changes like this are made -the old ones still fit, and work, but for some STUPID reason they go and change the style of the ones that it uses
    Do you have the part number for the old style pickers? Is it a direct fit or do I need to do something else also?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Do you have the part number for the old style pickers? Is it a direct fit or do I need to do something else also?
    Our parts manual lists:

51 B0444179 Holder - Pickoff Pawl
    20 B0444155 Spring - Pickoff Pawl
    21 AE044059 - Stripper Pawls

Hope these help.

Just never cut off the little dimples on the sides of the picker holder. That will cause the holder to be able to move up and this changes the angle on the picker to the hotroller. The lip that holds the holder in place will then also most likely break off as it does not bend to much without snapping clean off.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tufbnme View Post
    Had a couple of these jamming when duplexing. I found these small brackets out of place. Also I found some information on using the old style fuser pawl, I am trying it and have had no issues as of yet.
    Just thought someone may want to know.
    MP301-jam-issue.jpgMP301-jam-issue1.jpg MP301-fuser-pawl.jpg
    Jamming can also be caused by the guide (that you point to in your photo) not returning to rest position quick enough, after the training edge of the page has passed through that area of the fuser. It should drop down immediately after you let go of it, once it was lifted from rest position. If there is any delay, remove the guide and gently file the ends that run in the fusing frame so that they fit slightly looser. Sometimes the seams on the mould are a bit rough and this can cause it to stick.
    Press the GREEN button!!