Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 1600 dark copies in the am

Hi Folks,
    I've a customer that is getting real dark, background copies usually if copier hasn't been used for awhile..I did replace drum/developer unit with new, but didn't help. I checked the brass bias tab on inside rear frame where drum/dev slided into. Any ideas..I know,it's an old copier,, but I'm trying to by them time, till new bidget is approved....Thanks !!

Jaime
    I.C.S.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP 1600 dark copies in the am

Quote Originally Posted by jper34 View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I've a customer that is getting real dark, background copies usually if copier hasn't been used for awhile..I did replace drum/developer unit with new, but didn't help. I checked the brass bias tab on inside rear frame where drum/dev slided into. Any ideas..I know,it's an old copier,, but I'm trying to by them time, till new bidget is approved....Thanks !!

Jaime
    I.C.S.
    How long is "hasn't been used for a while?" Days, weeks, months? There is an SP called developer mixing, I believe it is right next to the SP for developer initialization. Running that might help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    How long is "hasn't been used for a while?" Days, weeks, months? There is an SP called developer mixing, I believe it is right next to the SP for developer initialization. Running that might help.
    1st thing in the morning, to 3 hrs., after they may run 20 copies, background will clear up..

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

1st thing in the morning, to 3 hrs., after they may run 20 copies, background will clear up..
    do they turn it off at night? on bootup they will run thru a quick calibration ....

Retired 10,000+ Posts

It could be from moisture build up during the night. It could be in the PCU or affecting contact of the drum ground plate to the drum shaft in the main drive.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It could be from moisture build up during the night. It could be in the PCU or affecting contact of the drum ground plate to the drum shaft in the main drive.
    Yeah...I did replace the drum unit and developer unit, no change...I did check developer bias tab, just bent it out a little to be sure it's making good contact..I'm at a loss..thought the drum and developer unit would be the culprit..now I'm wondering if an hvt unit or main pcb...? any suggestions surely welcomed..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yeah...I did replace the drum unit and developer unit, no change...I did check developer bias tab, just bent it out a little to be sure it's making good contact..I'm at a loss..thought the drum and developer unit would be the culprit..now I'm wondering if an hvt unit or main pcb...? any suggestions surely welcomed..
    oh..I did run developer initial....copies were fine when I left, next day, today, cust. says it's the same darkness / background..

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Please reread my previous reply. I was not talking about the bias. I was talking about the drum shaft ground. It is on the main drive unit. You have to take the back off to get at it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Is it next to a window? sunlight?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LNorris View Post
    Is it next to a window? sunlight?
    the copier is not near a window...but the drum ground does sound pausible..I'm not sure where the drum is grounded, I see on the rear drive unit, am I looking for a ground strap attatched to the main drive unit?