Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

MP 3555 Jammig J020 and 024

Got a new Mp3555 that seems to like to jam when outputting to the 1 bin tray. It seems to be pretty intermittent I can print out to that tray and duplex and it seems ok, but when I leave it will start up again a few days later. Machine has less than 2000 copies on it.

Monday I will be taking the one bin tray and out and inspecting the drive on it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: MP 3555 Jammig J020 and 024

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Got a new Mp3555 that seems to like to jam when outputting to the 1 bin tray. It seems to be pretty intermittent I can print out to that tray and duplex and it seems ok, but when I leave it will start up again a few days later. Machine has less than 2000 copies on it.

Monday I will be taking the one bin tray and out and inspecting the drive on it.
    you say "printing" to that tray.. are you printing or copying?

if THEY are PRINTING and you are copying .. check the print driver to make sure they have the SAME options as the machine has...

other than "outputting" to that tray what have you done? I would clean all the sensors

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I know in the past that the 1 bin tray has had a tendency to jam if the lead edge of the paper tends to curl down.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    you say "printing" to that tray.. are you printing or copying?

if THEY are PRINTING and you are copying .. check the print driver to make sure they have the SAME options as the machine has...

other than "outputting" to that tray what have you done? I would clean all the sensors

Making copies from the machine in service mode. Not sure if it only jams when they are printing from PC or also using machine. Other tech was there yesterday ran 200 sheets through it with not issue.

It's a state government machine so we have zero control over network or drivers. What they do is instead of installing machine as local printer they connect to a network print queue which is attached to the machine. The print queue is running on the universal driver. He told them to communicate to their IT to use the proper driver for the machine instead of universal. They use the universal driver for all their Ricoh machines state wide. I'm guessing the driver is either out of date or not configured properly.

So for now we are going to consider this their problem.