Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC 4503 DF problem

Re: MPC 4503 DF problem

We've had success in "wedging" the hole where the bushing for the shaft of the Reverse Roller is. Had a string of these document feeders that showed exact same symptoms. 016, or 014 jams and paper stopping right before the transport rollers. I had one kick my butt for quite some time until we ended swapping DF's for customer. Once we had the problem feeder back at the shop, we tried everything from wrapping the one-way barrel with tape, using the update mod, other feed assemblies, etc. and to no avail. Another tech in our office played around with it for a day or so, and found that you can move the white reverse (separation) roller up/down and side-to-side quite a bit. He took the feed guide out, and between the bushing for the sep. roller shaft and the hole that bushing goes in to, took a small scrap of paper and shimmed that bushing. So far, it has fixed every DF of ours that had this issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC 4503 DF problem

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    We've had success in "wedging" the hole where the bushing for the shaft of the Reverse Roller is. Had a string of these document feeders that showed exact same symptoms. 016, or 014 jams and paper stopping right before the transport rollers. I had one kick my butt for quite some time until we ended swapping DF's for customer. Once we had the problem feeder back at the shop, we tried everything from wrapping the one-way barrel with tape, using the update mod, other feed assemblies, etc. and to no avail. Another tech in our office played around with it for a day or so, and found that you can move the white reverse (separation) roller up/down and side-to-side quite a bit. He took the feed guide out, and between the bushing for the sep. roller shaft and the hole that bushing goes in to, took a small scrap of paper and shimmed that bushing. So far, it has fixed every DF of ours that had this issue.
    Hi. Thank you for the info. I will try this before slims idea as I had to put the old one back on. Have you a pic of where you put the paper shim?

Thank you. Tim.

MPC 4503 DF problem

I will try to get a picture up here as soon as i can.

perhaps a very stupid reply, but have you cleaned the "anti reflection plate" of this sensor?
    Paper dust might fall onto it and will activate the sensor due to it's reflection ...
    ???
    stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    perhaps a very stupid reply, but have you cleaned the "anti reflection plate" of this sensor?
    Paper dust might fall onto it and will activate the sensor due to it's reflection ...
    ???
    stupid
    i don't now what happend but the last word "stupid" is an error...

MPC 4503 DF problem

TimmyTronic, I can't get any pictures to upload on this site. If you give me an email address, I can e-mail you the pictures.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC 4503 DF problem

TimmyTronic, I can't get any pictures to upload on this site. If you give me an email address, I can e-mail you the pictures.

Hi

That's great, thank you. kopyrite.print@btinternet.com

Hope you are having a good day.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 4503 DF problem

They are most likely too large. For future reference, when you are in the attachments window there is a ? in the upper right hand corner. Click on it and it will open a list of allowed file types and their max size width and height. Generally for image files it is 976.6 KB and 620X280. Usually I use IrfanView to adjust width and height to withn the specs. That usually gets the file size small enough.

MPC 4503 DF problem

Okay, let's try this picture thing again. Size may have been way too big.
    ADF3.jpg

ADF4.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 4503 DF problem

Okay, let's try this picture thing again. Size may have been way too big.
    ADF3.jpg

ADF4.jpg
    Came through fine. Had to scroll back to your original reply to see what I was looking for, but I did see the slip of paper.