Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh 2510 - Replaced new NIC card and now couldn't obtain IP address on the machine

Ricoh 2510 - Replaced new NIC card and now couldn't obtain IP address on the machine? Anyone please?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 2510 - Replaced new NIC card and now couldn't obtain IP address on the machine

Re: Ricoh 2510 - Replaced new NIC card and now couldn't obtain IP address on the mach

Quote Originally Posted by larryespinosa View Post
    Ricoh 2510 - Replaced new NIC card and now couldn't obtain IP address on the machine? Anyone please?
    do you have this manual?

http://support.ricoh.com/bb_v1oi/pub.../B8668535A.pdf

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh 2510 - Replaced new NIC card and now couldn't obtain IP address on the mach

are you sure the cable is good?

how have you tested the card? did you print out the network report? what IP addy does it have listed?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

here are my suggestion. I know there will be other responses from other techs.

1. Make sure the network is working properly. Plug a computer or another copier to make sure connections are good.

2. make sure in service mode that NIC is enable 5-985 device settings make sure it is enable.

3. Check effective protocol is ipv4 turn on in user mode.

4. Is it on auto dhcp mode if so then try specific and enter your ip information manually.

I carry a router and a computer that i hook up to copier for testing purpose. To see if it is copier or there network.

You said that you swap NIC was there any nvram that also need to be added to new card.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I'm just going by memory here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the "nic" is not a removable option from the controller board on this model is it?
    If I'm correct, then what did you in fact replace? And even if I'm not, what situation led to you replacing the Board (or whatever it was you replaced)? In other words was the machine previously connected to a network and working properly, and what steps did you take to determine what needed replacement?
    If you expect helpful advice, then you need to provide more information up front.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I'm with sandmanmac. The CAT 5 interface on the MP 2510 is part of the controller board and cannot be replaced separately.

The only replaceable network interface is the wireless adapter. A new PCI card needs to be programmed at least with the SSID and WEP incription key before it will work. If that is what you replaced because it stopped working, be aware that it used WEP which is not used by very many networks as it lack the security of WPSn. The customer IT may have done away with WEP.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I'm just going by memory here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the "nic" is not a removable option from the controller board on this model is it?
    If I'm correct, then what did you in fact replace? And even if I'm not, what situation led to you replacing the Board (or whatever it was you replaced)? In other words was the machine previously connected to a network and working properly, and what steps did you take to determine what needed replacement?
    If you expect helpful advice, then you need to provide more information up front.

Originally the main problem: Can not print through network. Can not ping the machine. Timeout.
    Connection on the switch/Hub is orange/amber light. All the other device connected with this switch are all green. Only the Ricoh machine is amber/orange light.
    Now I noticed that the port connection the wires are twisted. See attached image with white checkmark.

I installed the new NIC including the NVRAM, HDD and memory. Then switch Number 1 and 8 = ON
    In service mode I enabled NIC and USB SP5-985-001 and 002 respectively.
    After these, I can not input the IP address in the machine. Network Interface is not functioning in the system settings.
    Thanks for your input guys.

21191023_10209949189906723_589233554_o.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You relaced the controller board, not the NIC. As sandmanmac and I said there is no replaceable NIC. Put the NVRAM from the original controller on the new one.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Print and Scan is optional on that model
    you need to have the correct memory ,HDD and the print/Scan option sd card installed
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You relaced the controller board, not the NIC. As sandmanmac and I said there is no replaceable NIC. Put the NVRAM from the original controller on the new one.
    Thank you slimslob.
    Yes I did put the NVRAM, HDD, memory and print scan option sd card from the original board into the new one. And still the switch light connection is still amber light/orange. So I can not input the ip on the machine. Is not functioning.
    Thank you.