Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: MP C2003SP

  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    24

    MP C2003SP

    Hello guys,
    i have a problem with this machine : it totally deplets yellow toner cartridge
    every 200 or 300 color prints. Wasted toner box becomes full very very soon.
    Machine has 107K color prints and 35K bw. A week ago i did replace all pcu's (they needed to, especially the yellow one)
    and initialized them with SP-3701 and SP-2005 and performed Maintenance routine
    for Toner Calibration without any problems : overtoning, graduation, etc...
    Customer prints office documents with low coverage of color and he replaced 4
    yellow cartr. in two weeks.
    Any experience with something similar please??
    Thanks in advance..


  2. #2
    Ricoh Fanboy 1,000+ Posts Oze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    1,124
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: MP C2003SP

    Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    Hello guys,
    i have a problem with this machine : it totally deplets yellow toner cartridge
    every 200 or 300 color prints. Wasted toner box becomes full very very soon.
    Machine has 107K color prints and 35K bw. A week ago i did replace all pcu's (they needed to, especially the yellow one)
    and initialized them with SP-3701 and SP-2005 and performed Maintenance routine
    for Toner Calibration without any problems : overtoning, graduation, etc...
    Customer prints office documents with low coverage of color and he replaced 4
    yellow cartr. in two weeks.
    Any experience with something similar please??
    Thanks in advance..
    MPC2003 has been around since 2013.
    I'm assuming that the firmware is up to date?
    There are no bulletins relating to this.(that I could find anyway)


  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    818
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: MP C2003SP

    Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    Hello guys,
    i have a problem with this machine : it totally deplets yellow toner cartridge
    every 200 or 300 color prints. Wasted toner box becomes full very very soon.
    Machine has 107K color prints and 35K bw. A week ago i did replace all pcu's (they needed to, especially the yellow one)
    and initialized them with SP-3701 and SP-2005 and performed Maintenance routine
    for Toner Calibration without any problems : overtoning, graduation, etc...
    Customer prints office documents with low coverage of color and he replaced 4
    yellow cartr. in two weeks.
    Any experience with something similar please??
    Thanks in advance..
    Print the SMC report and check the coverage counters for the different colours to see how the machine is using the colours.

    Press the GREEN button!!

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: MP C2003SP

    are printouts ok?
    Somehow toner must leak on the transfer belt.
    Could be the yellow drum that is not correctly positioned in it's frame?
    Dokter gap in yellow developer unit faulty?
    But in that case it would be visible on the printouts to...
    So, if the printouts are fine, it must looses it's toner onto the image transfer belt in another process...
    ACC performed?


  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: MP C2003SP

    Yes, firmware is up to date and printouts are fine! (No yellowish background)
    I did not check the usage per color from SMC and i will check for leaking at transfer unit.
    I thought that the PCU was guilty since i noticed high yellow toner coverage from its own, worn parts.
    Thanks a lot..

    P.S. To MB : Υes, ACC performed.


  6. #6
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,873
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: MP C2003SP

    Sounds like something is wrong in SP settings. Possibly something having to do with toner refresh for the yellow. Check the non default print out.


  7. #7
    Field Service Engineer 1,000+ Posts
    MP C2003SP

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: MP C2003SP

    Your main issue is the colour to B/W ratio, you state "107K color prints and 35K mono" this ratio is beyond this entry level machines design capability, you will have nothing but trouble if they continue doing way more colour than black.

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  8. #8
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts DRichard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: MP C2003SP

    Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    Hello guys,
    i have a problem with this machine : it totally deplets yellow toner cartridge
    every 200 or 300 color prints. Wasted toner box becomes full very very soon.
    Machine has 107K color prints and 35K bw. A week ago i did replace all pcu's (they needed to, especially the yellow one)
    and initialized them with SP-3701 and SP-2005 and performed Maintenance routine
    for Toner Calibration without any problems : overtoning, graduation, etc...
    Customer prints office documents with low coverage of color and he replaced 4
    yellow cartr. in two weeks.
    Any experience with something similar please??
    Thanks in advance..
    Might they be utilizing process black instead of black toner only when making black and white copies/prints? (Check your user and printer settings.)


  9. #9
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,873
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: MP C2003SP

    Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    Might they be utilizing process black instead of black toner only when making black and white copies/prints? (Check your user and printer settings.)
    To my knowledge Ricoh does not use process black on its laser models. I have never seen a setting for it in SP mode, User Tools or in any driver. On ink jet printers that I have seen with composit, process, black they generally consume all colors equally.


  10. #10
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,873
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: MP C2003SP

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Your main issue is the colour to B/W ratio, you state "107K color prints and 35K mono" this ratio is beyond this entry level machines design capability, you will have nothing but trouble if they continue doing way more colour than black.
    Even though the ratio is about 75% color as opposed to the 30% ration use to calculate expected cartridge yields, the total copies does not warrant the use of a production machine.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here