Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    Anyone can help me please?
    I can't scan to folder for wired workstation. But I can ping the machine.
    And also, I can scan to folder into my laptop with wireless connection.
    Thank you for your input.

    Anyone who has firmware update for this please?

    Last edited by larryespinosa; 08-31-2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: additional question.

  2. #2
    The New Guy 1,000+ Posts ruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    Quote Originally Posted by larryespinosa View Post
    Anyone can help me please?
    I can't scan to folder for wired workstation. But I can ping the machine.
    And also, I can scan to folder into my laptop with wireless connection.
    Thank you for your input.
    Some routers have a different subnet for wired and wireless devices. Essentially, the wireless devices are using a guest wireless network. Make sure the subnets match the wired, wireless, and the photocopiers network settings.

    Also, make sure the primary DNS is set correctly, if you are on a domain this is usually the primary domain controller. Try using the IP addresses to scan, instead of the hostname, this will ignore the DNS settings entirely.

    If you can ping, then more than likely either an anti-virus or firewall is blocking the connection; the firmware of the copier needs updating to support the PC's OS; incorrect user credentials; shared folders don't have read and write access for the copier credentials; or network sharing is turned off.

    Quote Originally Posted by larryespinosa View Post
    Anyone who has firmware update for this please?
    What is the current firmware version? What operating systems are you trying to scan to?


  3. #3
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,882
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    What is the error information listed in the network log. User Tools - System Setting - Interface Print Settings button near top right of page. If printed immediately after error occurs, check the last page. Near the end of the page should be lines that have SMB as part of them.


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Some routers have a different subnet for wired and wireless devices. Essentially, the wireless devices are using a guest wireless network. Make sure the subnets match the wired, wireless, and the photocopiers network settings.

    Also, make sure the primary DNS is set correctly, if you are on a domain this is usually the primary domain controller. Try using the IP addresses to scan, instead of the hostname, this will ignore the DNS settings entirely.

    If you can ping, then more than likely either an anti-virus or firewall is blocking the connection; the firmware of the copier needs updating to support the PC's OS; incorrect user credentials; shared folders don't have read and write access for the copier credentials; or network sharing is turned off.



    What is the current firmware version? What operating systems are you trying to scan to?
    windows 7 Pro. Firmware version : Printer 1.12 D1445572L, System 2.16 D1445610, Engine 1.10:04 D1445114M, LCDC 1.07 D1441491F NIB 11.92 D145563H


    thanks you so much for sharing your expertise to a newbie like me. Appreciated.


  5. #5
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,882
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    Should not require firmware update to scan to Windows 7. Could be a problem introduced by a recent Microsoft update. SMB1 turned off in latest security update


  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Should not require firmware update to scan to Windows 7. Could be a problem introduced by a recent Microsoft update. SMB1 turned off in latest security update

    Hi I have the same issue right now. How can I resolve this? How can I check the SMB? Thank you guys.


  7. #7
    Technician Methedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    Did ruben's advice not work for you or do you need more detail?

    You would need to go into the traffic rules, for windows defender that is the inbound rules. make a new rule to allow the (static) IP address of the printer\copier\scanner and move it up to a point that it can run a scan through. Remember that a firewall goes down its list with an implicit deny at the end.

    Other issues I have run into is the client is using a Windows Login vs a Local Account, you'd need a Local Account. Also Check NTFS Permissions if everything else looks like it should work but is not. There have been a handful of times where the NTFS was too low for the Auth to function for the account.

    Of things are still off then you could also look at the Interface Menu to see of the LAN Type and 802.1x are set correctly. 802.1x should be disabled for wired connections.

    Hope this helps.


  8. #8
    Field Service Engineer 1,000+ Posts
    RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,197
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Should not require firmware update to scan to Windows 7. Could be a problem introduced by a recent Microsoft update. SMB1 turned off in latest security update
    There is a firmware release specifically for this issue

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  9. #9
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,882
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    There is a firmware release specifically for this issue
    The firmware currently on the machine, NIB 11.92, is sufficient for Windows 7. NIB 11.96 is only needed for Windows 8 or later.


  10. #10
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    queens ny
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

    Reboot the windows box and then try scanning. If it works and then stops working after a few minutes have their IT department look into adjusting these reg edit settings

    [HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache]


    Change from 0 to 1


    [HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services \LanmanServer\Parameters\Size]


    Change from 1 to 3

    I found this while looking for a SMB wont connect to a windows 7. It only applies if after a reboot of the 7 box you can connect and then later you cant.

    Good luck



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here