Technician

RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

Anyone can help me please?
    I can't scan to folder for wired workstation. But I can ping the machine.
    And also, I can scan to folder into my laptop with wireless connection.
    Thank you for your input.

Anyone who has firmware update for this please?
    Last edited by larryespinosa; 08-31-2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: additional question.

Re: RICOH MPC4502 Can't scan to Folder to wired workstations

Quote Originally Posted by larryespinosa View Post
    Anyone can help me please?
    I can't scan to folder for wired workstation. But I can ping the machine.
    And also, I can scan to folder into my laptop with wireless connection.
    Thank you for your input.
    Some routers have a different subnet for wired and wireless devices. Essentially, the wireless devices are using a guest wireless network. Make sure the subnets match the wired, wireless, and the photocopiers network settings.

Also, make sure the primary DNS is set correctly, if you are on a domain this is usually the primary domain controller. Try using the IP addresses to scan, instead of the hostname, this will ignore the DNS settings entirely.

If you can ping, then more than likely either an anti-virus or firewall is blocking the connection; the firmware of the copier needs updating to support the PC's OS; incorrect user credentials; shared folders don't have read and write access for the copier credentials; or network sharing is turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by larryespinosa View Post
    Anyone who has firmware update for this please?
    What is the current firmware version? What operating systems are you trying to scan to?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

What is the error information listed in the network log. User Tools - System Setting - Interface Print Settings button near top right of page. If printed immediately after error occurs, check the last page. Near the end of the page should be lines that have SMB as part of them.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Some routers have a different subnet for wired and wireless devices. Essentially, the wireless devices are using a guest wireless network. Make sure the subnets match the wired, wireless, and the photocopiers network settings.

Also, make sure the primary DNS is set correctly, if you are on a domain this is usually the primary domain controller. Try using the IP addresses to scan, instead of the hostname, this will ignore the DNS settings entirely.

If you can ping, then more than likely either an anti-virus or firewall is blocking the connection; the firmware of the copier needs updating to support the PC's OS; incorrect user credentials; shared folders don't have read and write access for the copier credentials; or network sharing is turned off.

What is the current firmware version? What operating systems are you trying to scan to?
    windows 7 Pro. Firmware version : Printer 1.12 D1445572L, System 2.16 D1445610, Engine 1.10:04 D1445114M, LCDC 1.07 D1441491F NIB 11.92 D145563H

thanks you so much for sharing your expertise to a newbie like me. Appreciated.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Should not require firmware update to scan to Windows 7. Could be a problem introduced by a recent Microsoft update. SMB1 turned off in latest security update

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Should not require firmware update to scan to Windows 7. Could be a problem introduced by a recent Microsoft update. SMB1 turned off in latest security update

Hi I have the same issue right now. How can I resolve this? How can I check the SMB? Thank you guys.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar

Did ruben's advice not work for you or do you need more detail?

You would need to go into the traffic rules, for windows defender that is the inbound rules. make a new rule to allow the (static) IP address of the printer\copier\scanner and move it up to a point that it can run a scan through. Remember that a firewall goes down its list with an implicit deny at the end.

Other issues I have run into is the client is using a Windows Login vs a Local Account, you'd need a Local Account. Also Check NTFS Permissions if everything else looks like it should work but is not. There have been a handful of times where the NTFS was too low for the Auth to function for the account.

Of things are still off then you could also look at the Interface Menu to see of the LAN Type and 802.1x are set correctly. 802.1x should be disabled for wired connections.

Hope this helps.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    There is a firmware release specifically for this issue
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    There is a firmware release specifically for this issue
    The firmware currently on the machine, NIB 11.92, is sufficient for Windows 7. NIB 11.96 is only needed for Windows 8 or later.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Reboot the windows box and then try scanning. If it works and then stops working after a few minutes have their IT department look into adjusting these reg edit settings

[HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache]

Change from 0 to 1

[HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services \LanmanServer\Parameters\Size]

Change from 1 to 3

I found this while looking for a SMB wont connect to a windows 7. It only applies if after a reboot of the 7 box you can connect and then later you cant.

Good luck