Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

ricoh Mp2501 not feeding from any papertrays

Tray 1 ,2 or bypass not feeding at all ..clutches not turning.
    did try another bicu board not that, did try output mode no luck..

Re: ricoh Mp2501 not feeding from any papertrays

Is your main motor turning? Any sc codes? Can you get any motors to turn on in output mode? So none of the clutches fire, at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technician

Had a mp2501 with alot of issues.. so with that i burned transistor on the bicu boards,sent powersupply with mainboards away for repairs got it back and burned another board.thought it was a fuser unit problem.

One mainboard left,tested in another machine not feeding from any papertrays ,had a look what the other machine problem was and why its burning transistors and someone connected bypass clutch with paperfeed clutch so he connected the wires from mainboard with each others and as i starting making copies it burns transistor on bicu.

im not sure if they tested the mainboard of just fiix transistor i dont know,but im sending it back for repairs again so hopefully next time lucky and less gray hair!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColinLouw View Post
    Had a mp2501 with alot of issues.. so with that i burned transistor on the bicu boards,sent powersupply with mainboards away for repairs got it back and burned another board.thought it was a fuser unit problem.

One mainboard left,tested in another machine not feeding from any papertrays ,had a look what the other machine problem was and why its burning transistors and someone connected bypass clutch with paperfeed clutch so he connected the wires from mainboard with each others and as i starting making copies it burns transistor on bicu.

im not sure if they tested the mainboard of just fiix transistor i dont know,but im sending it back for repairs again so hopefully next time lucky and less gray hair!
    HI ColinLouw

So are you saying that 2 clutches were connected together? That would cook transitors/ic's for sure!
    Press the GREEN button!!