Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Showing fax counter on meter sheet.

Does anyone know how or if a machine can be set to show the number of fax prints on the meter sheet along with copies and prints. We have a neurotic customer that doesn't understand why copy total plus print total doesn't equal the whole total.

If the meter sheet could show fax printouts that would be greaaat.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar

Re: Showing fax counter on meter sheet.

Hello there.
    While I don't recall off hand how to add it to the Counter Sheet (Service Mode comes to mind) I do remember a place that has the information your client is asking for.

Go to: User\Tools -> System Settings -> Administration Tab (The Far Right Tab) -> Display\Clear\Print Counter Per User (and something similar above it) will give a categorical breakdown of Copy/Print/Scan/Fax. If I recall Correctly this should show the kind of breakdown he\she would want.

Quote Originally Posted by Methedor View Post
    Hello there.
    While I don't recall off hand how to add it to the Counter Sheet (Service Mode comes to mind) I do remember a place that has the information your client is asking for.

Go to: User\Tools -> System Settings -> Administration Tab (The Far Right Tab) -> Display\Clear\Print Counter Per User (and something similar above it) will give a categorical breakdown of Copy/Print/Scan/Fax. If I recall Correctly this should show the kind of breakdown he\she would want.
    Yes that will show the numbers they want, but it takes more work to get to, and it's a reset-able counter.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Methedor View Post
    Hello there.

If you do not need individual totals, just select Display/Print Counter. This will also show totals for scanning.

You can also view counters in WIM.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you do not need individual totals, just select Display/Print Counter. This will also show totals for scanning.

You can also view counters in WIM.

Probably will have to tell them to check WIM to find out.

This whole thing came about because when the customer added up the printer and copier total on their meter it didn't equal the total meter count. Because they have a fax option and the meter also counts reports you print out. So there was a 137 some difference on the BW counter. Less than a $1.20 in cost to them.

I really wouldn't care about the question if the customer wasn't a giant ass when they asked it.

I've seen some old machines that print fax count on meter sheets, but that may be a hard coded behavior. I guess I'll harass ricoh tech support to see if they can give me an answer.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Probably will have to tell them to check WIM to find out.

This whole thing came about because when the customer added up the printer and copier total on their meter it didn't equal the total meter count. Because they have a fax option and the meter also counts reports you print out. So there was a 137 some difference on the BW counter. Less than a $1.20 in cost to them.

I really wouldn't care about the question if the customer wasn't a giant ass when they asked it.

I've seen some old machines that print fax count on meter sheets, but that may be a hard coded behavior. I guess I'll harass ricoh tech support to see if they can give me an answer.
    You should have told them that the difference IS the fax total. If they do not want to pay for fax counts, they can setup forwarding to email or folder. If they already have forwarding setup, the fax prints are from before it was setup.