Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh RB5020 Ringbinder jams

This unit is attached to an 8100 and the problem is an intermittent j372 code as the paper curls over on itself as it enters the ringbinder portion of the unit right after the punch action causing the trail sheet to crash into it, I could post in greater detail but I will wait to get a bite on this first. Ricoh hot line has absolutely nothing on this unit and it is the only one we have.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh RB5020 Ringbinder jams

Re: Ricoh RB5020 Ringbinder jams

I noticed in you profile that the 8100 was the last machine you were trained on. Training instructors are often better source for help than tech support. If you have the instructor's email you might contact him/her.

If there is a decurl unit, you may need to adjust it. If not you may need to install one.

If you do not have a service manual for the RB5020 you can download it from rfg-esource. rfg060431

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar

Re: Ricoh RB5020 Ringbinder jams

i would suggest on cleaning the unit, sensors may tend to be paper dusty on this area then run the free run...
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.