Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP C4501 Skew when copying but fine when printing

Re: MP C4501 Skew when copying but fine when printing

Try lifting the front left hand corner of the scanner up ( looking at the machine from the front place both hands on the LH corner of the scanner and lift upwards)
    if this improves or makes things worse you will have a start point to work from
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I've looked at comparable images again... and I don't think it is actually skewing the image

If I take a meter reading, it is fine, if I take a copy of that the bottom of the leading edge, for about 5mm is skewing, but NOT further up the document...

It basically is a perfect copy, but the line across the bottom of the meter reading curves up for about 5mm at the leading edge...

Any thoughts??

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Yes, grab the front left hand side of the scanner and pull it up. You'll get a pop when the scanner returns to position.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staggan View Post
    I've looked at comparable images again... and I don't think it is actually skewing the image

If I take a meter reading, it is fine, if I take a copy of that the bottom of the leading edge, for about 5mm is skewing, but NOT further up the document...

It basically is a perfect copy, but the line across the bottom of the meter reading curves up for about 5mm at the leading edge...

Any thoughts??
    Does it do this when both using the doc feeder and the scan glass? If it doesn't do it when using ADF maybe the scanner carriage isn't moving properly.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hello

Yes, it was doing it on both....

It seems with a little brute force and some minor twiddling with the carriage cable fixings I now have it straight...

Thanks for all the help....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

For safer transport Ricoh's come with a bracket that is situated between the scanner frame and the receiving tray, at the left side of the machine.
    When machine is installed at client site, they just throw this bracket away. I keep one for every model and when i face this problem i install the bracket, make my bill and life goes on...