Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aficio 3035

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

aficio 3035

Machine has 275k copies. Copy image is light at all document (no dirty slit glass). Allthough toner bottle is full it regurarly asks to "add new toner". I inspecked toner bottle hopper at the point where toner drops from hopper to drum unit and realized that the foam was rotten so i removed it. But it looks the amount of toner that drops from hopper to drum unit is not so much.
    I know that in service manual developer is replaced in this machine at 300k . Is it developer or problem at tonner hopper and if i can do something to fix toner hopper .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Re: aficio 3035

check toner motor. toner supply and do sp 2 207
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

aficio 3035

What are your values for vsp and vsg?
    Totoro

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    aficio 3035

Only 275K on a machine as old an Aficio 3035. Forget about what the manual says the developer will last as far as copies. Age wise it should have been replaced at least twice by now.

Dump the old developer. Completely clean ALL toner and residue from the PCU including the toner recycling coils. Clean the development roller. There are a number of threads on how to do this. If there are any scratches on the development roller, replace it as they will show up as lines on copies and prints. Make sure there is no old toner residue in the development unit. Check that the paddle shaft turns freely. If not you will have to replace the rear bearing or the entire development unit. There is a thread with the part number of the bearing. Install new developer. PM the drum unit. I would recommend using only Genuine Ricoh or NA Trading developer, toner, drum and PM kit. While the PCU is out of the machine clean any toner that may have been spewed down against the laser shield glass then remove and clean the glass. If you do not clean the spewed toner, you risk getting tone inside the laser unit. Clean the ID sensor with a clean soft cloth moistened with water only.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Also look at mylars in the toner supply unit.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GhostInTheMachine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Also look at mylars in the toner supply unit.
    There should be 4 mylar paddles in the toner supply unit. They tend to fall off. Often they will partially block to hole where the toner goes. They are clear so it can be difficult to see them laying in the bottom of the unit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    Machine has 275k copies. Copy image is light at all document (no dirty slit glass). Allthough toner bottle is full it regurarly asks to "add new toner". I inspecked toner bottle hopper at the point where toner drops from hopper to drum unit and realized that the foam was rotten so i removed it. But it looks the amount of toner that drops from hopper to drum unit is not so much.
    I know that in service manual developer is replaced in this machine at 300k . Is it developer or problem at tonner hopper and if i can do something to fix toner hopper .
    Gab

have you opened the toner hopper and checked that the clear plastic paddles inside have not dropped off? This does happen and then the toner is not scooped up to the slit on the side of the hopper where it is supposed to exit.
    Press the GREEN button!!

[QUOTE=Polarbear;576775]Gab

have you opened the toner hopper and checked that the clear plastic paddles inside have not dropped off? This does happen and then the toner is not scooped up to the slit on the side of the hopper where it is supposed to exit.[/QU
    OTE]
    TONER MOTOR IS OK , mylar paddles are ok. I swaped the whole toner hopper with an other fromn an other machine and it worked fine .
    cAN I FIX THE old toner hopper?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

usually is the developer problem , if you are not going to replaced it , try sp mode 222-0, lower the value of td sensor reading to 3.0-3.5, this will lead you toner recovering.
    try to maintain the 222-0 reading a few times until the toner concentration is stable

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    aficio 3035

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    cAN I FIX THE old toner hopper?
    Yes. You have to disassemble the hopper assembly. If the mylar paddles are have come loose and are still in the bottom you can reattach them. If not you will have to replace A232 3240 Cover- Toner Bottle Ass'y, Item 7 in the attached which shows the explosion of the hopper.
    hopper.jpg