Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts engineers's Avatar

MPC 3003 Doc feeder skewing on landscape

Hi guys, I looked at a 3003 earlier they said was skewing, after checking it turns out putting copies or scans through DF in portrait is pretty accurate. When you either feed through DF or scan on glass A4 in landscape it skews a fair bit. The inner scanner railings have been greased previously because a common problem on 3003 is they make a horrible friction noise until you grease them yourself.
    I am not sure if somebody has leant on the DF or not because what customer ever admits to that! But if they had would that have an effect on feeding through the DF, because as mentioned earlier portrait is fine it comes out straight. DF has been cleaned during service and no obvious faults found
    I will be returning soon anyway to upgrade firmware for MP-17-013 issue on 03 models, is there anything to suggest other than maybe lifting the scanner up a bit to put it back in position?
    For now I just told them to scan in portrait but change direction on original feed type although that did slighty skew on 1 side but another for a temp. fix
    Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 3003 Doc feeder skewing on landscape

Re: MPC 3003 Doc feeder skewing on landscape

By landscape do you mean short edge first or long edge first. The terms landscape and portrait refer to how something is hung on the wall or how the print is oriented on a sheet of paper. They have nothing to do with how the paper is oriented in a copier.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts engineers's Avatar

Re: MPC 3003 Doc feeder skewing on landscape

Landscape is short edge first and portrait is long edge first, sorry that is just how we always call it (could be an English thing?)