Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ricoh MPC NOT LOADING BLACK TONER

I have a ricoh mpc2051 asking for black toner constantly I have replaced the toner bottle and the black dev unit any ideas what could be causing this fault???

Thanks, Alex

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC NOT LOADING BLACK TONER

Is the machine even trying to load toner when you close the door? Have you cheated the door to see if the bottle is rotating? The Diana's toner supply system is very simple so the only other things it could be is the toner hopper itself or the dev unit drive, or one of the door switches has failed.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Hi there may be the black toner pump

Double check all the doors are closed, especially the lower right door. It won't clear the toner end until all the doors are registered as closed.

Also, check the toner near end threshold (SP3-101-013 to 016) is not set too low; 5 or 10 is usually the best value to use, I have seen this cause a false toner end before.

Follow Toner Supply Error in the service manual.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts aktasson's Avatar

I had something like that in the past. The toner bottles were fine. The doors front and side were all right. The toner supply bk was faulty and the toner does not hold into the dev unit. Parts no D8303045 SERVICE PARTS:TONER SUPPLY UNIT:BK:ASS'Y

Cool Re: Ricoh MPC NOT LOADING BLACK TONER

Hey friend! 99% sure you will need to replace black toner pump. Always happens on this model machine and it's mostly always black for some reason. Remove the toner and drum underneath it (black or cyan, can't remember) slide your hand in there and take out the 1 screw, the hard part is the small connector above thebpump. Take it out and you can try to clean out the hose to get you by. It's an easy service and has worked for me every time with that problem. Also sometimes a forced toner for black will get it to temporarily load enough toner to last a day or so. Good luck (:

I believe part# is B2233251
    Last edited by ShonRipz; 09-13-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShonRipz View Post
    Hey friend! 99% sure you will need to replace black toner pump. Always happens on this model machine and it's mostly always black for some reason. Remove the toner and drum underneath it (black or cyan, can't remember) slide your hand in there and take out the 1 screw, the hard part is the small connector above thebpump. Take it out and you can try to clean out the hose to get you by. It's an easy service and has worked for me every time with that problem. Also sometimes a forced toner for black will get it to temporarily load enough toner to last a day or so. Good luck (:

I believe part# is B2233251
    The MPC2051/2551 is gravity fed with a hopper.

That part is for a MPC2000 etc machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    The MPC2051/2551 is gravity fed with a hopper.

That part is for a MPC2000 etc machine.

Smh* yea you're right I jumped the gun. The exterior of them looks the same
    . sorry I didnt realize :/

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Do you have the correct toner in the machine? 841500 is edp number for black toner for the c2051. I can't remember, but i think you can get the D104 toners to go into the D106, but it will only go for so long before asking for toner again. Also (speaking from experience), the development units for the D104 and D106 are different, but they will fit even if it's the wrong machine. If either of these are true, toner being wrong or dev. unit being wrong, then you can get add toner conditions, or crappy copy/print quality. If the wrong toner is installed, you'll have to change Dev. Unit again. I happened to put the wrong Dev. unit in a machine, and fought it for some time (even had 2 of our other techs baffled). RARELY (if ever), have we had add toner conditions for these machines (unlike the B223 series, where the toner pumps go out).

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Do you have the correct toner in the machine? 841500 is edp number for black toner for the c2051. I can't remember, but i think you can get the D104 toners to go into the D106, but it will only go for so long before asking for toner again. Also (speaking from experience), the development units for the D104 and D106 are different, but they will fit even if it's the wrong machine. If either of these are true, toner being wrong or dev. unit being wrong, then you can get add toner conditions, or crappy copy/print quality. If the wrong toner is installed, you'll have to change Dev. Unit again. I happened to put the wrong Dev. unit in a machine, and fought it for some time (even had 2 of our other techs baffled). RARELY (if ever), have we had add toner conditions for these machines (unlike the B223 series, where the toner pumps go out).
    You have a few errors here. D104, MP C2051, and D106, MP C2551, use exactly the same toner and development units. They can also use the same color toners as the MP C2050/C2550. The black toner for the MP C2050/C2550 will not go all the way into a 51. I have seen after market toner clog the gravity drop. Ricoh toner that has been stored improperly stored can cause clogs.