Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Savin MP2852 jamming

Time to ask some folks who know more about this damn machine than me. My customer got this machine 6 months ago off lease from another company with only 28000 clicks. They have had a consistent and constant jam issue that according to them only happens when they send print jobs to the MFP. Making copies is fine, maybe an occasional jam. I haven't seen jam codes until the other day because they always had the jam cleared before arrival and didn't notice the code in the display. I had them keep a log recently and since 8-22-17 they have had 12 j101 codes, 2 j107 codes and 2 j100 codes. I believe the 101 is finisher shift exit, 107 is registration and don't have a clue to 100. I have gone over this unit from front to back and top to bottom. Oh, the prints output is set for the finisher shift tray, copier is set for finisher top exit. I swapped them the other day and told them to log any jams again and I will be back in a few days.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Savin MP2852 jamming

Re: Savin MP2852 jamming

J100 is usually finisher entrance.

If you were a qualified Ricoh tech you would not have had to have your customer log the jam locations. The machine does that for you. You just have to print the proper service report.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You did not say which finisher but I would take a guess at the foam exit rollers to the shift tray are gone.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The foam rollers are in place and turning. They do not appear to be damaged in any way. Like I said, it doesn't jam every print job, it is intermittent enough to cause a headache. I did run smc report 5-990-004 and it shows most jams to be at the finisher shift tray exit.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Savin MP2852 jamming

Quote Originally Posted by alliedofficeproducts View Post
    The foam rollers are in place and turning. They do not appear to be damaged in any way. Like I said, it doesn't jam every print job, it is intermittent enough to cause a headache. I did run smc report 5-990-004 and it shows most jams to be at the finisher shift tray exit.
    The foam exit stacking rollers should be ribbed. If the ribbing has worn off, they need to be replaced.

The most likely that it is jamming when printing and not when copying is that the two functions are set to default to different exit locations.

Lets look at the jam codes you have reported:
    1. J100 is a finisher entrance jam. The lead edge of the paper is not detected at the entrance sensor or is late arriving to the entrance sensor. Common causes are a dirty or bad sensor, dirty rollers in the bridge unit or the entrance roller. Bent entrance paper guide due to improper handling of the finisher when it is disconnected from the MFP. There are NO lift/grip points on the side of the finisher that goes against the MFP.
    2. J101 is a shift tray exit error. Can be caused by the previously mentioned foam rollers, bad sensor, dirty transport rollers or bad motor that drives the transport rollers.
    3. J107 is a shift motor jam. This is the motor that shifts the paper as it moves through the exit section. Could be the motor or the position sensors.

All could be caused by dirty/gummy bushings.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The foam exit stacking rollers should be ribbed. If the ribbing has worn off, they need to be replaced.

The most likely that it is jamming when printing and not when copying is that the two functions are set to default to different exit locations.

Lets look at the jam codes you have reported:
    1. J100 is a finisher entrance jam. The lead edge of the paper is not detected at the entrance sensor or is late arriving to the entrance sensor. Common causes are a dirty or bad sensor, dirty rollers in the bridge unit or the entrance roller. Bent entrance paper guide due to improper handling of the finisher when it is disconnected from the MFP. There are NO lift/grip points on the side of the finisher that goes against the MFP.
    2. J101 is a shift tray exit error. Can be caused by the previously mentioned foam rollers, bad sensor, dirty transport rollers or bad motor that drives the transport rollers.
    3. J107 is a shift motor jam. This is the motor that shifts the paper as it moves through the exit section. Could be the motor or the position sensors.

All could be caused by dirty/gummy bushings.
    Thanks slimslob. I respect your expertise on these Ricoh machines and will definitely look at all the areas mentioned.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk